10/13/17, 06:35 PM   #1
MadThan
RP addon Similar to TRP3 (Request)

On WoW, there is an addon that RPers in the community all use. It shows character Bio,description,currently what they are doing or what happened to them, shows their full name with titles and nicknames, and their personality.

I am finding ESO is seriously lacking in this department. It would do much better if there was something similar as such.
To show you what I am talking about here is the link for the addon to WoW. Doesn't have to be exactly like it ,feel free to make it your own.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/total-rp-3
10/13/17, 06:51 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Showing large quantities of information to others outside of guild notes is not possible within the current API, which plays heavily into the lack of its existence, I'd surmise.
10/13/17, 09:50 PM   #3
Drummerx04
Showing large quantities of information to others outside of guild notes is not possible within the current API, which plays heavily into the lack of its existence, I'd surmise.
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. There is essentially no way to communicate information between clients in a direct manner. I mean half the addons that DO actually manage some level of communication are basically spamming data in MAP PINGS at like up to 7 bytes per ping or something.

It's pretty limited, and I wish they would add an official data pipe control to allow direct communication.
10/13/17, 11:04 PM   #4
Dolgubon

Ready Checks. 100 characters per ready check.
10/17/17, 12:00 AM   #5
MadThan
Other Solutions?

Are there other solutions then? What i liked best about this addon was that you didnt need to use up internet by opening up a website while you are playing the game. Rpers live and breath on the character profiles .
10/17/17, 04:28 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
There are custom note addons and you could use more at the friends list to store information. But there is no easy way to adjust this info to others.

You need to be grouped and use a mapping to send data between grouped users. This could contain a bio description but the text send and received needs to be short, and cannot be too often, as the game will disconnect you then.

So no, sorry, there are no other ways at the moment (except guild notes).

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » RP addon Similar to TRP3 (Request)