06/29/18, 11:33 PM   #1
scootter

Lightbulb On Screen Labels

I could not find anything like this specifically or find anything else I could make work.

I am coming at this from a trading guild perspective that has a guild hall with every crafting station placed in it. I am looking for an addon where I can place custom on screen labels of some sort so when I am in the guild hall I can see what crafting station it is at a glance instead of referencing an external map.

I tried Harven's Custom Map Pins but with them just being on the map and not on the screen it does not work well.

I am thinking something like HarvestMap would work if I could place custom icons with words. Maybe I can but don't see how?

Does any of that make sense? Is there something like this already? Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

-Scott
06/30/18, 04:22 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Isn't Harvens Custom map pins showing the pin info at the compass too, so you would see their text there?

There is a possibility to put 3d markers on the UI, like harvestmap does. But I'm not used to it and can't say if one is able to read the crafting station name via api and build a marker for it then.
06/30/18, 05:02 PM   #3
scootter

Harven's does not show on the compass though I see some have requested that.

I wouldn't even need it to pull any of the crafting station information though that would be neat if it could. My thought is I would just manually place them.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » On Screen Labels