03/04/15, 12:20 PM   #1
BebeZed
Unhappy No workie now

Originally Posted by DragonBorn1000 View Post
Minion that i installed is not working and it does not show anything ether though its in processes in the task manager if anyone could help me with that would be great i running on os windows 8.1
I am also running Windows 8.1 (mine is Pro) and I'm having some issues. I updated to the latest beta version and it wouldn't detect my add-ons and it also would not allow me to search online.

I uninstalled that and installed the previous version. It detects ESO now and detects that there are add-ons but now it gets stuck at the loading phase: "Detecting ESO-1 installed AddOns" (I have ESO live and PTS on this computer, hence the ESO-1).

I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can do on my end to make this work but until it's working, I'm going to be very, very sad... *sigh*
03/04/15, 12:32 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi BedeZed,

I split your post into its own thread since what you describe did not sound related to the post you had replied since you said Minion is loading, just getting stuck at a certain point.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Minion wouldnt let you search online?
  • If you could please Re-install the latest version and run Minion again.
  • Go to your user .minion folder and please post your minion.xml and minion0.log as those files will help in diagnosing what is going wrong. http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

Last edited by Dolby : 03/04/15 at 12:36 PM.
03/04/15, 06:42 PM   #3
BebeZed
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi BedeZed,

I split your post into its own thread since what you describe did not sound related to the post you had replied since you said Minion is loading, just getting stuck at a certain point.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Minion wouldnt let you search online?
  • If you could please Re-install the latest version and run Minion again.
  • Go to your user .minion folder and please post your minion.xml and minion0.log as those files will help in diagnosing what is going wrong. http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236
Sorry about that. It didn't run at all until I reverted back to the previous version.

It's working perfectly now and I just updated to the latest version.
I fixed the issue by rolling back my MS C++ files and reinstalling Minion. I also reinstalled one add-on and after that everything was happy.

BTW, I didn't know where the .minion folder was... it was hiding out on my C: drive which I didn't expect because I installed Minion to my D: drive. Mystery solved

TL;DR: It's working now

Last edited by BebeZed : 03/04/15 at 06:54 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » No workie now