Quantcast AddOns won't work - ESOUI
Thread Tools Display Modes
04/18/14, 04:19 PM   #1
Shaktaze
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
AddOns won't work

My ESO AddOns won't show up in the AddOn interface. I have checked multiple times that all the files are there and that the paths are correct. They work on my friends account, but won't show up on mine! I'm usually really good with software issues, but i am at a total loss.

HELP please, and thank you!
  Reply With Quote
04/18/14, 05:17 PM   #2
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by Shaktaze View Post
My ESO AddOns won't show up in the AddOn interface. I have checked multiple times that all the files are there and that the paths are correct. They work on my friends account, but won't show up on mine! I'm usually really good with software issues, but i am at a total loss.

HELP please, and thank you!
Please post the path to one of your addons so we can verify, just in case.
  Reply With Quote
04/18/14, 06:47 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer
 
Seerah's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 651
Post the path all the way down to the addon's .txt file.

/edit: also, please state whether you are on the US or EU server.
  Reply With Quote
04/20/14, 08:15 PM   #4
shop7838
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Add ons not showing up

I am having the same problem. My line goes like this:

Users>Cheryl>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>Live>Addons

Am I really missing something or am I glitched?

US server and the add on files show up in their entirety in the add on folder listed above

Last edited by shop7838 : 04/20/14 at 08:18 PM.
  Reply With Quote
04/20/14, 09:33 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer
 
Seerah's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 651
Everything is supposed to be in your Documents folder, not My Documents.
http://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?..._howto_install
  Reply With Quote
04/21/14, 05:54 AM   #6
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Everything is supposed to be in your Documents folder, not My Documents.
http://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?..._howto_install
My Documents is the same as Documents if you go through User.
  Reply With Quote
04/21/14, 05:57 AM   #7
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by shop7838 View Post
I am having the same problem. My line goes like this:

Users>Cheryl>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>Live>Addons

Am I really missing something or am I glitched?

US server and the add on files show up in their entirety in the add on folder listed above
This folder should have folders containing the addons. Is that the case? For example my add on is at Users>tervalas>My Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>Live>Addons>MyStatusWindow>addon-files
  Reply With Quote
05/15/14, 06:19 PM   #8
darkaren
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3
Add on not showing up

I have same issue and have done this a couple times.

I keep seeing some say documents vs My Documents. Under users, my name, my documents, elder scrolls online, live, addons,

i see three folders (binding, img, lib) all but img have folders/files in them. So all looks good.

Login, click add-ons and see and empty menu. Check allow out dated and still empty menu.

Help. yes I'm a novice at this.
  Reply With Quote
05/15/14, 07:11 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer
 
Seerah's Avatar
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 651
Originally Posted by darkaren View Post
i see three folders (binding, img, lib) all but img have folders/files in them. So all looks good.
Actually, it sounds as if your addon(s) weren't installed correctly.

The file path should be Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\CoolAddon\CoolAddon.txt

What are you trying to install?
  Reply With Quote
05/16/14, 09:35 PM   #10
darkaren
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3
I was adding this

Wykkyd's Framework
  Reply With Quote
05/16/14, 10:54 PM   #11
Garkin
 
Garkin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 853
Originally Posted by darkaren View Post
Wykkyd's Framework
Each addon has to be inside of its own folder.
Download the latest Wykkyd's Framework (mhFramework.zip file), double click on it to see what is inside and drag&drop whole "mhFramework" folder to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\.
__________________
@Garkin (retired from ESO)
My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you!, ... (full list)
  Reply With Quote
05/17/14, 07:18 PM   #12
Wobin
 
Wobin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 78
Or just use Minion, which will do all the heavy lifting for you
  Reply With Quote
05/18/14, 03:16 PM   #13
darkaren
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3
Thanks Garkin!!

I was pulling the folders in the file. All good now
  Reply With Quote
12/22/15, 09:53 AM   #14
And1drew
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1
Fix with the sub

I found a fix that should help all of you!

C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ <name of AddOn > \ <AddOn info>

This is the pathway everyone seems to have, but it never works right? I was working on this for a few hours last night and discovered that:
1. one of my AddOns was an empty file
2. there was a subdirectory in all the mods so the pathway was

C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\FoundryTacticalCombat\FoundryTacticalCombat\ <Addon Info>

I found that just by taking out the extra directory the Addon worked fine. So if you are still having problems check to make sure the file you downloaded is correct and there isn't a subdirectory
  Reply With Quote
12/27/15, 07:50 PM   #15
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,299
This will most likely happen if you extract a zip archive and the extraction software (e.g. Winzip) will create a folder named like tne zip file + the extracted subfolder from the archive it's self
  Reply With Quote
12/31/15, 09:57 PM   #16
jgq85
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
Hi I just registered to sign in and post what fixed this issue for me.

Open your PC/main folder, then right-click on the "Document" folder (or library shortcut -- whatever it's called) and choose Properties.

Click the "Location" tab.
Notice the path there may be pointing elsewhere?
Mine was, due to wanting to save space from my SSD by defaulting the "Documents" folder to my bigger HDD (E-Drive).
I had to reset this location back to default, after I moved my data to another folder as to not overfill my C-Drive.

But yeah, now it works and I see my add-ons..!
  Reply With Quote
01/02/16, 10:44 AM   #17
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,299
I'm just wondering why the game won't recognize the "non deafault" documents folder and just reads the folders from the e: drive then??? Seems to be a bug in the game client in my eyes...
  Reply With Quote
01/02/16, 10:52 AM   #18
jgq85
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'm just wondering why the game won't recognize the "non deafault" documents folder and just reads the folders from the e: drive then??? Seems to be a bug in the game client in my eyes...
Yeah I think it ought to point to the current folder of where the game's installed. The My Documents/Documents path is unorthodox to use for game/software add-ons.

For example in WoW, the addons folder was in C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
or C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft...
  Reply With Quote
01/02/16, 11:11 AM   #19
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,299
The My Documents/Documents path is not unorthodox for games to save files. many games in the past used this user dependend path to store the data.
This way you wouldn't loose your save games and addon stuff if you reinstall the game and the c:\program files\... path gets deleted too.

But in my eyes it shouldn't just use the c:\ (or system harddrive) to scan for the addons but use the real documents path that someone specified in the windows (OS) settings.
  Reply With Quote
01/02/16, 11:27 AM   #20
jgq85
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The My Documents/Documents path is not unorthodox for games to save files. many games in the past used this user dependend path to store the data.
This way you wouldn't loose your save games and addon stuff if you reinstall the game and the c:\program files\... path gets deleted too.

But in my eyes it shouldn't just use the c:\ (or system harddrive) to scan for the addons but use the real documents path that someone specified in the windows (OS) settings.

It seems like the "Documents" folder should be used for "Documents". Call me crazy, though...

And software developers don't have to keep in-game data in Program files, for the unusual scenario that a user would be removing a game from their computer but wanting to keep the installed add-ons..?
That's what the AppData folder is for.
  Reply With Quote

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » AddOns won't work

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off