01/13/16, 07:40 AM   #1
robertjawoods
Getting Offered Quest Info

Hi guys, total Addon noob here. I'm looking for a way to get the quest level or name for the quest that is being offered to me. I saw there was a function called GetOfferedQuestInfo, now that seems to me like it's what I'm after. Could anyone show me some example usage? Any help would be much appreciated.
01/13/16, 08:49 AM   #2
haggen

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I never actually used it, but as far as I understand it can only be used from the event callback for EVENT_QUEST_OFFERED, like this:

Code:
EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForUpdate("AddOnName", EVENT_QUEST_OFFERED, function(event, ...)
    local dialogue, response = GetOfferedQuestInfo()

d("Dialogue: "..dialogue)
    d("Response: "..response)
end
My suggestion is get the UI source code and search for the function name to see how it's used.
01/13/16, 09:04 AM   #3
robertjawoods
Thanks for your help, I've been looking at the docs but I couldn't find a way to turn the dialogue/response from that function into a quest id or name I can use in my search functions. I'm not actually at my home PC with TESO on it, so I'm kind of developing blind at the moment.
01/13/16, 11:02 AM   #4
haggen

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by robertjawoods View Post
Thanks for your help, I've been looking at the docs but I couldn't find a way to turn the dialogue/response from that function into a quest id or name I can use in my search functions. I'm not actually at my home PC with TESO on it, so I'm kind of developing blind at the moment.
I'm at work right now, but I took a quick look at the Wiki and noticed some functions that does grab that kind of information about quests, but they require a journalIndex as parameter so I'm going to assume that you can't have the name of the quest unless you have accepted that quest.

Also I forgot to mention that the source code is available online. Here, I found one instance of the function we talked about:
http://esodata.uesp.net/100010/src/i...ed.lua.html#90

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Getting Offered Quest Info