09/26/16, 04:17 PM   #1
code65536
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[fixed] Faulty code in ZO_SortHeaderGroup:OnHeaderClicked

There is a problem in the ZO_SortHeaderGroup:OnHeaderClicked function (found in \esoui\libraries\zo_sortheadergroup\zo_sortheadergroup.lua), specifically, with the following line of code:

Code:
        self.sortDirection = resetSortDir and header.initialDirection or not self.sortDirection
The "condition and a or b" shorthand in Lua is subject to one crucial caveat: the "a" term must never be nil or false. If it is, then "b" will always be used, regardless of what "condition" evaluates to.

In this case, since the sort directions are stored as either true or false, this line of code returns the incorrect result if resetSortDir is true and initialDirection is down (false). This code must be replaced with if-then longhand (reversing the condition and swapping a and b will suffer the same problem).

You can see this bug in action if you try to use SelectAndResetSortForKey on a column that has a downward initial sort direction.

(Also, it might be a good idea to audit the code for more instances of these "condition and a or b" shorthands--this is a subtle and easily-missed error, and there could be other places that might have similar problems.)

09/26/16, 06:11 PM   #2
Ayantir

For bugs, consider /bug

It saves jobs & process

09/27/16, 08:00 AM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I feel like this was reported before but I forgot to fix it. Well, it's fixed now. It will be part of the next package.

09/27/16, 06:57 PM   #4
merlight
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I feel like this was reported before but I forgot to fix it. Well, it's fixed now. It will be part of the next package.
Yes, I've reported that here

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [fixed] Faulty code in ZO_SortHeaderGroup:OnHeaderClicked