05/23/17, 05:25 AM   #1
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] Feature request: Keep up the good work!

That last launch was awesome. Neither did it take overly long nor did you had to tell us at 8PM that the servers were on fire there were unforeseen complications. I didn't exactly follow the forum rage, since people always complain when you withhold their drug for longer than two minutes, but in my opinion this launch went smooth as spider silk.

Let's have some cake on your behalf, and keep up the good work!

05/23/17, 05:40 AM   #2
Anceane

You are so right!

Launch was great!

Thank you to all for this amazing game!

-----

And although not beeing a ZoS team, i want to add a big thank you to you all in ESOUI, Author's addons.

I enjoy the game even more with all your efforts to give us quite some creative addition.

05/24/17, 01:26 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

I also have to agree.

At first I almost didn't press the login button, because the new background music was just so awesome and I didn't want it to go away. Huge props to Brad and whoever else was involved!

The game itself also runs a lot more stable than in previous releases. Not a single crash and I have only seen cosmetic bugs so far. Really great job!

05/24/17, 05:10 AM   #4
Letho
definetely /signed! One of the best addon launches I ever experienced!

05/24/17, 11:24 AM   #5
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Thank you for the kind words. I have spent this morning listening to the opening theme on loop myself.

05/25/17, 03:18 AM   #6
manavortex

Will we get the soundtrack? Shred has been trying to find the sound files in the client, but to no avail. And I really need that soundtrack. For... reasons.

Edit: To be precise, I'm good with throwing money your way again. I felt like ZOS had betrayed my tiny trust for some time (I posted about it on the official forums), but now that I know you had secretly been using all the time and money to work on Morrowind in the basement, I'm good about it again. The expansion is everything I had hoped for, and more. It was worth 15 years of waiting. I have a better job now, means I don't have to turn any penny twice before I spend it, and you'll get your share.

Thank you for not being an evil company. <3

Edit2: You, personally, have never been anything but rock solid, Chip. I trust you. Hence all the goat sacrifices!

Last edited by manavortex : 05/25/17 at 03:25 AM.

05/27/17, 10:39 PM   #7
iwontsay
People do say "never play on patch day", but this sentiment definitely had been unwarranted here.

Splendid job for getting things working that smoothly.

05/28/17, 02:22 PM   #8
Kyoma
Hmmmm, I suppose it went well, tho I was still kinda expecting all addons to magically get updated. Could we get an AI to do addon stuff for us next update?

05/28/17, 10:15 PM   #9
iwontsay
Originally Posted by Kyoma View Post
Hmmmm, I suppose it went well, tho I was still kinda expecting all addons to magically get updated. Could we get an AI to do addon stuff for us next update?
What? We'd be out of our jobs!

But, seriously. Maybe the way to go would have been to sign up for the beta, as it was offered to the addon authors (like me, perhaps I had been eligible, didn't check too closely...) here, to sell our souls to ... err, have sign the NDA and update our addons against the beta under the condition not to release the update earlier than the 22nd.

But, out of all the AddOns I use - and it's quite a list - only three or four did fail completely, and they were fixed within two or three days and a good number of others being updated shortly thereafter, too.

So, good work. To everyone.

05/29/17, 02:05 PM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
My "job" is not writing addons, it's a hobby I'd be glad if this "stupid API number check" in the manifest files would be stripped. Ppl will notice themselves if an addon won't work anymore.
Updating 20 files just to change a number up by one digit really annoys me as it needs me to update several files and zip archives.

And just because some users are too lazy or... to check one simple checkbox "use outdated addons" inGame...

05/29/17, 02:09 PM   #11
Ayantir

I agree, this is a painful check unneeded.

It could be cool that AddonManager don't bother anymore on it for next api bumps..

05/30/17, 05:24 AM   #12
iwontsay
Hmmm... How about doing this a little more sophisticated?

Like, on API upgrade, outdated addons still remain enabled, but if the system encounters an error, the addon causing the error gets disabled with the specific reason (like "outdated/erroneous") in the addon list.

As a bonus, one could do a SHA1 hash over the addon folder and try re-enabling the addon if a change is detected.

That way, addons which are silently outdated and still work remain so without further interaction, and addons get disabled if they cause trouble due to API changes, but would get re-enabled if an update has been detected.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] Feature request: Keep up the good work!