02/14/17, 02:31 PM   #1
StrangerFull
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Problem with settings

Hi all.After Homestead goes live I have problem with saving some standart ingame settings. Problem with nameplates settings. I always need turn on showing nameplates over my character even I change location in game. Nameplate just turns off for some understoodable reason. I checked all settings files in my addon folders (UserSetting and AddonSettings) and also checked SavedVariables in addons. But I found nothing in these files. I have administrator rights on my PC and read/write right as well. Maybe some addon cause this? But I don't think so. FTC have nameplates settings but it other nameplates not standart and FTC never cause problems with ingame settings before this update. Don't think it's FTC. Anybody can help with this problem? Maybe anyone knows where game save this setting?
02/14/17, 03:51 PM   #2
votan

Could you look what your version of "LibHarvensAddonSettings.lua" is?
02/15/17, 08:26 PM   #3
StrangerFull
Originally Posted by votan View Post
Could you look what your version of "LibHarvensAddonSettings.lua" is?
I don't have this file. Seems I don't use addon uses tthat file.
02/16/17, 01:00 AM   #4
votan

Originally Posted by StrangerFull View Post
I don't have this file. Seems I don't use addon uses tthat file.
Ok. Good to hear. In this case it is most likely not may fault.
You may do a text search over all files for "ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl" and "ZO_Options_Slider".
The bug you describe can be caused by using this control template.
02/16/17, 03:20 AM   #5
Kwisatz
Hi. I have myself issues with my settings, for a long time before Homestead though: every time I log in or reload UI, I have to check a few things, especially:

- active combat tips : I play without, but on login it's always enabled

- alliance indicator
- group leader icon
- group members icon
Those have a more erratic behaviour: sometimes they are enabled, sometimes not, or just partially.

I search for that LibHarvensAddonSettings.lua file, and I found some copies of it, since I use several Harven's and Votan's addons. I found that lua.file in:
- TraitAndStyle
- CustomMapPins
- has2lam
- VotansDarkerNights

I didn't find those "ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl" and "ZO_Options_Slider" texts.

I was resigned to check that as a daily routine, but since I see others have similar issues, I suddenly have a little light of hope.
02/16/17, 04:15 AM   #6
votan

Originally Posted by Morganlefai View Post
Hi. I have myself issues with my settings, for a long time before Homestead though: every time I log in or reload UI, I have to check a few things, especially:

- active combat tips : I play without, but on login it's always enabled

- alliance indicator
- group leader icon
- group members icon
Those have a more erratic behaviour: sometimes they are enabled, sometimes not, or just partially.

I search for that LibHarvensAddonSettings.lua file, and I found some copies of it, since I use several Harven's and Votan's addons. I found that lua.file in:
- TraitAndStyle
- CustomMapPins
- has2lam
- VotansDarkerNights

I didn't find those "ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl" and "ZO_Options_Slider" texts.

I was resigned to check that as a daily routine, but since I see others have similar issues, I suddenly have a little light of hope.
Ehm. You should. All of them using LibHarvensAddonSettings.
Make sure all are version 7.1. I don't have this effect after I fixed it in 7.1.
But as StrangerFull does not have them, somebody else may have this problem, too.
Do a text search for: ZO_Options_
02/16/17, 05:33 AM   #7
Kwisatz
Thank you for your quick reply, Votan!

TraitAndStyle had an older version. I copy/pasted version 7.1. I dont know if I did well (not a clue about coding, I'm a simple translator!) maybe I broke my addon.

When I get ingame, I come back to tell you if it's fixed or not.

Search for ZO_Options didn't find anything.
02/17/17, 07:28 AM   #8
StrangerFull
Ok. Good to hear. In this case it is most likely not may fault.
You may do a text search over all files for "ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl" and "ZO_Options_Slider".
The bug you describe can be caused by using this control template.

SavedVariables don't have any of these strings. Maybe I describe my problem bad and better show it on video. Look video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66KP...ature=youtu.be
I think these settings must be in ZO_Ingame.lua in SavedSariables. I need this file from someone without problem (if I think correct).
02/17/17, 08:20 AM   #9
votan

SavedVariables don't have any of these strings. Maybe I describe my problem bad and better show it on video. Look video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66KP...ature=youtu.be
I think these settings must be in ZO_Ingame.lua in SavedSariables. I need this file from someone without problem (if I think correct).
No the SavedVariables. The Lua content of the addons. Nevertheless the video was helpful.
The bug I had, was that one of this comboboxes always had a value not even in the list.
Yours is different.
Now the questions:
Does it happen with no addon, too?
With all characters?
Do/should all characters have the same setting?
02/17/17, 01:37 PM   #10
StrangerFull
No the SavedVariables. The Lua content of the addons. Nevertheless the video was helpful.
The bug I had, was that one of this comboboxes always had a value not even in the list.
Yours is different.
Now the questions:
Does it happen with no addon, too?
With all characters?
Do/should all characters have the same setting?
Interesting questions. I have only one character but not checked this with no addons. Before Homestead I have no problem. I'll check later what happens without addons enabled.
02/17/17, 01:49 PM   #11
StrangerFull
Same without addons. But all ingame settings saves in ZO_Ingame.lua file in SavedVariables. Maybe you attach this file here from your game client without problem? It's just question about 2 strings missed in this file.
02/17/17, 07:17 PM   #12
Kwisatz
Just come to say thank you Votan: problem solved!
02/18/17, 06:12 AM   #13
votan

Same without addons. But all ingame settings saves in ZO_Ingame.lua file in SavedVariables. Maybe you attach this file here from your game client without problem? It's just question about 2 strings missed in this file.
There are no settings about nameplates in the ZO_Ingame variable. I check that twice.
02/18/17, 08:00 AM   #14
StrangerFull
It's not good. Houston we have new stranger bug
02/18/17, 08:47 AM   #15
sirinsidiator

I encountered this behavior when I last updated Screenshot Helper. It was related to changing the settings from code too often. They are saved on server side and there seems to be a strange bug that prevents them from getting saved correctly. I have put a workaround into it, which locally saves them and restores them whenever needed and never had a problem again since then. Maybe try if the addon helps with your issue?
02/20/17, 11:46 AM   #16
StrangerFull
From start after installing this addon it not helps. I just installs addon, enable nameplates and go to other location for check workaround and nameplates turns off. But after I enable nameplates and after this go to character portrait mode and off from portrait mode problem seems solved. After this procedure nameplates stay on after change locations but I don't know what will be after next login in game. Maybe repeat procedure, maybe not.
02/21/17, 08:56 AM   #17
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sounds like a /bug for me which you should tell ZOs ingame?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Problem with settings