08/29/23, 03:21 AM   #1
tamriel54
Master Merchant stopped sending On-Screen Alerts

Master Merchant suddenly stopped sending On-Screen and chat Alerts.
Tried "Show muliple alerts" on and off.
Disabled every addon and their dependencies except MM, AGS and Postmaster - it still did not work.
08/29/23, 04:44 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tamriel54 View Post
Master Merchant suddenly stopped sending On-Screen and chat Alerts.
Tried "Show muliple alerts" on and off.
Disabled every addon and their dependencies except MM, AGS and Postmaster - it still did not work.
Most of those options do not affect anything. It's part of MM that I have not updated at all. After I added LibHistoire I noticed it didn't really function anymore as the original author seemed to intend.

I do however know that it still works the way I set that up. Recently I found an outstanding issue from an earlier version of 3.6.x and I created an issue with an optimization I made. When people refreshed their data there was a cacophony some people said of sounds as the sales came through. So annoying to the point that it was the one thing people mentioned the most. They were happy that the notification was there and they were happy it was an easy process, but the sounds apparently were overwhelming for some.

So I don't know why it seems like it's not working for you. I'll still look into it though. Thanks for mentioning it.
08/29/23, 05:27 AM   #3
kevin36
I have a similar problem. They stopped showing sales notifications in the chat and on the monitor desktop. I have everything set up correctly. At the same time, messages from the TTC stopped appearing in the chat, but that doesn't belong here.
08/29/23, 05:42 AM   #4
Sharlikran

Keep in mind that at least for chat there are mods that allow you to configure system messages in a way the vanilla game does not provide. I recently learned that this ability is not exposed to the vanilla UI and it's a server side change. Meaning, that if I install a mod that has that customization and then uninstall it the settings persist and you will not be able to enable the system messages.

One thing I have not tried is deleting a tab and adding making a new one so that all the internal vanilla functions configure the tab again with the system messages.

Another thing is that there is a mod required by most mods LibDebugLogger and sometimes people just download stuff they may not really need. DebugLogViewer as an example. It has it's purpose if you are developing mods. If you really want it that's fine but there are also certain messages that would normally go to chat that will appear in that mod instead of the chat window.

So be aware you can install things that redirect chat messages. Again I will look into this but since there was such a fuss about the messages recently I know they are/were working. The only way this would suddenly be something ZOS disabled is if the server gurus had an issue with it and have sorta disabled it behind the scenes somehow.
08/29/23, 08:09 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, if you use DebugLogViewer it will catch all addon related chat messages which are send as "debug" message (many addons use to show chat output).
-> You need to check the chat messages of MM and other addons at that UI part then.

Or disable that addon and ONLY use it in case you want to collect any error messages or report it to the developers more easily.
After disabling it you should see the addon's chat messages in the normal chat again!
08/29/23, 09:10 AM   #6
kevin36
I don't use DebugLogViewer and never have.
08/29/23, 11:04 AM   #7
Sharlikran

I'm looking into it. The game is just being a pain for me.

Plus it's just being mentioned what could be a possible cause.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 08/29/23 at 11:06 AM.
08/29/23, 12:43 PM   #8
kevin36
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
I'm looking into it. The game is just being a pain for me.

Plus it's just being mentioned what could be a possible cause.
Just a side question, is it working normally for you?
08/29/23, 01:01 PM   #9
tamriel54
Recently I found an outstanding issue from an earlier version of 3.6.x and I created an issue with an optimization I made. When people refreshed their data there was a cacophony some people said of sounds as the sales came through. So annoying to the point that it was the one thing people mentioned the most. They were happy that the notification was there and they were happy it was an easy process, but the sounds apparently were overwhelming for some.
Yes, I had that and turned off alerts during this process. Now I can't remember if it has stopped working after i turned it back on or a bit later, but it was the same day.

I did the libguildstore reset, reset MM to defaults, reinstalled MM, so far no luck.
08/29/23, 03:28 PM   #10
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by kevin36 View Post
Just a side question, is it working normally for you?
It did... but I mostly make mods. I don't sell stuff usually and because of that then I wouldn't notice as easily as you. Which is why I have been looking into it today. I listed some things to test with and made a few adjustments. See if the update 3.7.80 fixes the announcements.

I don't sell enough to really test it but it should work when you enable or disable chat or center screen announcements. It still won't (or I don't think it will) group things together to say you sold 11 items for 134,509 gold as opposed to 11 separate notifications. This is because LibHistorie sends one sale at a time and I don't have a way to get for example whether or not there is a start and end to refreshing data or obtaining data on login. Without a start and stop I can't really program it to wait. I can't queue it to process 10 things when there is no way to know ahead of time how many sales will be your personal sales.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 09/02/23 at 01:47 AM.
08/29/23, 11:25 PM   #11
tamriel54
It did... but I mostly make mods. I don't sell stuff usually and because of that then I wouln't notice as easily as you. Which is why I have been looking into it today. I listed some things to test with and made a few adjustments. See if the update 3.7.80 fixes the announcements.

I don't sell enough to really test it but it should work when you enable or disable chat or center screen announcements. It still won't (or I don't think it will) group things together to say you sold 11 items for 134,509 gold as opposed to 11 seperate notifications. This is because LibHistorie sends one sale at a time and I don't have a way to get for example whether or not there is a start and end to refreshing data or obtaining data on login. Without a start and stop I can't really program it to wait. I can't queue it to process 10 things when there is no way to know ahead of time how many sales will be your personal sales.
You fixed it, thank you! It it's one of my favorite things here, when money sound alerts comes, instead of bland mail.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Master Merchant stopped sending On-Screen Alerts