02/20/14, 04:08 AM   #1
Patro
Restoration Staff

Someone who has tried the Restoration Staff in the beta know if it is possible to heal yourself with it?
02/20/14, 04:39 AM   #2
fishyyy
I am pretty sure self-healing is not possible with the resto-staff.

I am not even sure if I ever healed an ally with its basic "attack". Or I never noticed a proper animation for it. This is also a point I´ve been wondering about all the time because I heard from others that the resto staff is special bc you can either heal or damage with it.

Concerning self-heal it seems the only ability would be Healing Ritual from the Restoring Light skill line. Not sure about the effects from other skills. I had the feeling I could heal myself with Rushed Ceremony when no ally was around?
E.g. does Grand Healing from the Restoration Staff aplly to the caster?
02/20/14, 05:07 AM   #3
Patro
I played as a Templar and I could heal myself with Healing Ritual, but I would understand if using another class (eg Sorcerer) and the Restoration Staff can I cure myself.
02/20/14, 05:20 AM   #4
Ark

Yes...you can. For example: With the regeneration spell, if u don't have the HoT already, when you cast it you can get it.
The Ward and the BoP don't affect you because its an "in front of you" heal, but AoE and SmartCast can affect you
02/20/14, 10:44 AM   #5
Naoh
Nightblade healer

There is potential for what I am tentatively calling a 'blood mage' healing spec if you go down the Night Blade Siphoning skill line and spec heavily into max magica. Funnel Health, and Soul Siphon both provide self and ally healing and Sap Essence gives a small AOE ally heal. Combine this Leaching Strikes , Resto Staff Quick Siphon or Siphon Spirit, and Essence Drain for both ally and self heals on hit, and you are looking pretty good.

If you wanted a little more self healing there is also Degeneration in the Mages Guild tree. Alternatively you could take another Resto staff ability for better party heals (and to lvl the skill line up). To be honest you would probably switch these around depending on the situation and play style.

Last edited by Naoh : 02/20/14 at 10:50 AM.
02/20/14, 11:05 AM   #6
Patro
Your build is a very interesting, I had not considered the Nightblade class for a mage. I was more oriented to the Sorcerer.
02/21/14, 05:23 AM   #7
ablueman
Originally Posted by Patro View Post
Your build is a very interesting, I had not considered the Nightblade class for a mage. I was more oriented to the Sorcerer.
Currently considering a DragonKnight healer build. Just lapping up damage and healing with resto and self healing with all the abilities dragon knight has.

Whilst I dont see me being great DPS with this build, the survivability of DragonKnight with all his self heal abilities and armour seems to be really good. As long as I'm group playing I think I will be a rock.
02/21/14, 05:51 AM   #8
Patro
A Good Build for Heal Sorcerer would be to use Critical Surge (Storm Calling) associated with passive Exploitation (Dark Magic) and Tri Focus (Destruction Staff) to increase the Critical Strikes.
02/21/14, 07:04 AM   #9
ablueman
A Good Build for Heal Sorcerer would be to use Critical Surge (Storm Calling) associated with passive Exploitation (Dark Magic) and Tri Focus (Destruction Staff) to increase the Critical Strikes.
If DoT can CRIT it will certainly be interesting, I have'nt seen confirmation of this yet though.
03/10/14, 11:41 PM   #10
Cyrus
Someone who has tried the Restoration Staff in the beta know if it is possible to heal yourself with it?
The fifth skill of Restoration Staff - Force Siphon and its morphs-- "Nearby allies gain 20 seconds Health when attacking target. Player gains 100% additional Health when attacking target."

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » Restoration Staff