Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11/05/16, 11:17 AM   #1
Geraintmawr
Constant Catchup

Why do you guys have to constantly update your addons to keep up with ZOS' moving goal posts? Changes in content I agree a need to update. New functionality of an addon again I agree.

In the bad old days of the 1970s, when I was a young COBOL programmer, there was a central module in every suite of programs, that sat above all the others. It was the font of all knowledge and sequencing for the rest of the suite. General stuff to do with how my code behaved in an updated environment sat there. I did not have to worry about my modules going out of date, unless I was the guy maintaining the PCM. Similar things came in as IT moved to OO (Object Oriented) code.

Is there some way that we could all (players and authors) have a similar, single, over arching addon that one author updates for the API stuff at each new release? Many addon updates I see are just because the API updated.

Perhaps my lack of addon tech is in the way here but it seems a waste of time for writers, some of who have one over the hill and left amazing addons, such as alphagear, LUI and others sat there to grow old like me!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Constant Catchup