06/20/15, 04:42 PM   #1
p5ydog
Question Will Minion & Curse Premium Conflict?

Hello, Yesterday I bought Curse Premium year by year subscription. Now I am discovering that MANY MANY add-ons at Curse are too outdated for usefulness.

Yet I still like some of them, and would like to keep them.

I NEED an auto-install app because I am a 'puter idiot.

It looks like you have one, "Minion." I will buy a Premium Subscription, but ONLY if Minion and Curse will not conflict with each other. I am new to add-ons and to computer gaming in general. Thus, if there is some problem that occurs, I will have NO IDEA what to do.

I am interested in the Alchemy add-on you offer, as the one at Curse is so outdated as to be useless.

Can a techy help me out? It looks like this site may be superior to Curse, but I had never heard of it.

A solution of switching out of Curse and using Minion and ESOUI instead would be fine with me, and I'd buy the premium sub, so long as ESOUI can help me get rid of Curse properly, and so long as ESOUI offers these add-ons:

mini map
node tracker (where are the respawn spots for plants, runes, etc etc)
skyshard tracker
mondus tracker
enchanter helper
alchemy helper
provisioner helper
scroll through guild pages helper
guild searcher by name (optional)
quick slot helper (I have a touchpad and thus really can't use potions in time to stay alive)

Any help is vastly appreciated!
06/20/15, 05:03 PM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ALL addons on curse site is outdated and abandoned versions

onyl this site and Minion have newest one
idk about conflicts, but you an easy delete curse and forgot about it

this site is a main site for addons for TESO, also any version of new addons appear here at first place
06/20/15, 11:07 PM   #3
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by p5ydog View Post
mini map
node tracker (where are the respawn spots for plants, runes, etc etc)
skyshard tracker
mondus tracker
enchanter helper
alchemy helper
provisioner helper
scroll through guild pages helper
guild searcher by name (optional)
quick slot helper (I have a touchpad and thus really can't use potions in time to stay alive)
There are addons (often multiple) for all of those. ESOUI got the jump on both Curse and Nexus and is the primary release point for most authors. So the addons you'll find will almost always be equivalent or better.

Minion works pretty well overall, and you can go ahead and use it free. (I still haven't ever gotten around to even signing in on it....) I'd recommend only running one addon manager, though, as it's easier and just avoids the the possibility of them competing for upgrades.

PS: Just for an idea of how much ESOUI is the main site:
From 4/1 - 6/20, Curse has 9 updates, Nexus has 2, and ESOUI has around 260.
06/21/15, 10:35 AM   #4
p5ydog
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
you an easy delete curse and forgot about it
How do I do that? And thanks for the reply!
06/21/15, 10:43 AM   #5
p5ydog
Question

Originally Posted by Sasky View Post
There are addons (often multiple) for all of those. ESOUI got the jump on both Curse and Nexus and is the primary release point for most authors. So the addons you'll find will almost always be equivalent or better.
Thank you for the reply! I am convinced to switch over to ESOUI!

BUT: I am truly afraid I am going to mess up deleting Curse apps and the Curse addon manager.

1. Could someone perhaps post instructions on HOW I can properly accomplish deleting all Curse-related stuff from my computer and from my game?

2. For ex, should I first go into Curse and uninstall the addons and then go into my PC's program manager thing and click "uninstall" on Curse?

3. Will doing the latter ("remove program" using the Windows uninstall thing) fully and properly remove Curse AND it's addons from my game AND my computer?

Thanks again for all the help!
06/21/15, 10:12 PM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
The AddOn updaters should not conflict. I have the curse client installed (have to keep an eye on the competition) and I dont have any problems as long as I don't update any of the AddOns from the curse client because they are fairly outdated.

So yes you can have both installed. I just suggest you only use Minion when it comes to ESO.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Will Minion & Curse Premium Conflict?