04/13/14, 08:42 AM   #1
Chastain
Graphics help needed.

Hi,

I hope this qualifies for this forum. I am in fact looking for some type of guide or instruction but not how to play the game but how to make it look the best. If this does not qualify please let me know where to post it.

My 2 problems are with Anti-Aliasing and Lighting. I contacted support and they said as far as anti-aliasing they use a hybrid TXAA. If I wanted to add to it or replace it I can force it in my drivers. BTW I use Nvidia so I did force FXAA and set it to enhance the default AA and it is a bit better. I was then wondering if I could inject a second AA, as I have read can be done with TXAA and FXAA when set to Enhance, like SMAA. I found several SMAA injectors but they seem old. I am not sure what the latest build SMAA is in now but would love to know.

The second this is shader and light quality. While I am well aware this will never look like Skyrim I have seen pictures of people using SweetFX to improve lighting effect and they look amazing! The problem is I can't get it to work. If I use just SweetFX I get some obscure DX11 error and the game crashes. If I use SweetFX Configurator the same thing happens. I then read someone saying the in order to get it to work with ESO you need to run it through RadeonPRO. Well I did, and it worked, but no matter how I change the SweetFX settings there is NO difference with it on or off so I don't know what I am doing wrong. Then there is HDR, which I can turn on in SweetFX if I could get it to work.

I guess I am wondering where I can look or what I can try next. Can I inject SMAA and or HDR without SweetFX or can someone who, perhaps has it working, run me through how they got it SweetFX working with ESO?

Thanks so much for any info!
04/13/14, 11:40 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I went ahead and moved your thread to Tech Chat. The Graphics Help forum is for creating and using graphics for use in the UI.
04/13/14, 03:06 PM   #3
Chastain
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I went ahead and moved your thread to Tech Chat. The Graphics Help forum is for creating and using graphics for use in the UI.
Thank you my friend!

Cheers,
04/25/14, 09:27 AM   #4
mra4nii
My 2 problems are with Anti-Aliasing and Lighting. I contacted support and they said as far as anti-aliasing they use a hybrid TXAA. If I wanted to add to it or replace it I can force it in my drivers. BTW I use Nvidia so I did force FXAA and set it to enhance the default AA and it is a bit better.
Can you explain how you did this? I use NVIDA GeForce Experience with its NVIDIA Control Panel. And it says that FXAA is not supported by this application(ESO).
04/29/14, 11:15 AM   #5
shiroimin
Originally Posted by mra4nii View Post
Can you explain how you did this? I use NVIDA GeForce Experience with its NVIDIA Control Panel. And it says that FXAA is not supported by this application(ESO).
The default NVidia control panel does not allow for much configuration. A lot of programs that don't support AA (or any variation) can be forced using the NVidia Inspector. Do be warned though that playing around with the profiles, can cause graphical errors and everything you do with it, is at your own risk. If you search around google and other websites, you can find the Inspector settings people use.

There is also another program that people (including myself) have been using to enhance the graphics of the game. This is done through ESO SweetFX.

Hope that helps
04/29/14, 12:14 PM   #6
mra4nii
Thanks. I've been using RealVision ENB for Skyrim, need to try with SweetFX in ESO.
05/21/14, 07:35 PM   #7
thelegendaryof

By Sorien:

http://www.gamemodi.net/

06/26/14, 07:12 AM   #8
rajamakii
With an nVidia based card, try using their nVidia GeForce Experience program to optimize the game based upon your system and graphics card.

You can adjust it from there. I've had it add options in games before that were not even supported or an option like HBOA+
07/02/14, 06:10 AM   #9
mra4nii
I've been experimented lately a lot with graphic settings and 3th party configurations/software.
Initially i had all set to max settings and all enabled in video settings.
First to say, for my taste the native graphic is gorgeous., but is a too bright. Almost no difference between day and night.
This can be easily fixed with this settings(All in \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live(eu)\UserSettings.txt):
Code:
SET COLOR_CORRECTION "0"
Second one is textures loading delay for NPC and another players, even with all set to ultra, armors looks blurry and only when you are close and look direct to it, the game render them with high textures. Fix:
Code:
SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-2"
I initially used -3, but after last patch with FPS issue i increased it. No difference in quality(still best with no blurry) and my FPS rate was back.

FPS boost:
Code:
SET GPUSmoothingFrames "0"
In-game anti-aliasing - i keep it enabled. Without it, small details/edges(feets, weapons) are pixelate.
Bloor, ambient occlustion, lens effect - disabled. They are very poorly implemented and lens effect is just annoying for me.

I don't use nVidia Experience or NVidia Inspector. but i use SweetFX with sekta presset: http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/467/. It doesn't change much in graphic just making the colors more live and, again, day/night lights are more real.

Right now, mu fps is ~30 in towns, and ~60-70 in wild. In dungeons is ~100.
I have rare drops to 7-10 in town, but i think this is because the bug. It didn't happen prior to patch.

This thread was my primary source about settings and what they do.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Graphics help needed.