02/12/16, 12:25 PM   #1
Redphive
Why no treasure points on maps ever???

Me loves me some addons and they all are beautiful, brilliantly created and work great BUT for some strange reason every single cotton pickin addon I addon related to treasure maps, treasure or chest finding Does Not Work.

NO TREASURE FOR YOU SONY BOY!!!!!!

Did the dev team or publishers of ESO decide to cut us all off when it came to Treasure Finding????

Here is a list of all the Treasure goodness that Does Not Work when I install with Minion:
(but every other dog gone addon works perfectly save these)

Lost Treasure
Lost Treasure Update
Treasure Map
Harvest Map
Chest Master 9000

NONE OF THEMS WORKETH!!!!

Sky Shards, Quests, Lorebooks, Destinations all worketh fine... ???
02/12/16, 12:37 PM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First please uninstall

Lost Treasure Update & Treasure Map
Then retry
Then, are those addons listed in your addons?
Then delete
LostTreasure.lua on your Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables folder.
Same for HarvestMap.lua & ChestMaster.lua

Then, are they listed in Settings > Addons ?
Do you have an error displayed ?

Can you make a screenshot of the filter tab of your map ? You shuld see at least Lost treasure entries.
02/12/16, 12:55 PM   #3
Redphive
Thank you SO MUCH for the reply. I am a bit confused tho, could you go a bit slower?
I know how to uninstall with minion and I uninstalled the ones you suggested but do not know how to "delete" stuff unless you are just saying uninstall another way ??

All of my addons by default are going into this folder:
C:\Users\john\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

Is this ok or does it need to be in the folder you said? SavedVariables?

Also you said to Uninstall Lost Treasure but then to make sure the .Iua is in the above folder, confused do I want it in or out?

Funny thing is ALL everyone of the addons shows up under settings > addons they always have, I only ever got a UI error on TreasureMaps which I just delete to make that go away, says it is outdated anyways and update never does anything so I just leave that one out but yes all the ones I install show up under settings.

Funny thing is under filter I can see ALL the things I want to show up on the map but they are simply not there. When I select it on and off they neither come nor go like all the other items on the map. It is like treasures? um no you can not do that! Thanks so much for any and all help. I am baffled
02/12/16, 01:10 PM   #4
Ayantir

If you see pins on map and they're not here, that's just because you don't have the trasure map associated.
Change your settings to display only your treasure you got in inventory.
02/12/16, 05:45 PM   #5
Redphive
I do see pins on the map but only for skyshards and the like no pins for treasure or chests or maps of any kind I went into the settings to make sure those were all selected and when I go into filters I see them and they are checked there too but still nothing with any of these addons related to maps or treasure chests will bring up either. You said I need to find the treasure maps assocaited, how do I find those maps I am looking everywhere and I wish there was an addon that showed me where the maps are but again no treasure maps show up on the map ??

Can you elaborate? What does this mean "Change your settings to display only your treasure you got in inventory. " Thank you sooooo much!!!!!
02/13/16, 12:05 AM   #6
QuadroTony
Banned
you cannot find the treasure if you havent the map for this treasure

or how you imagine - you install the addons and go loot loot treasures by cooldown without any maps? it will be cheat

the maps can be found in many type of loot, in containers, in the bodies of killed enemies etc

but the fastest way to find the map go and buy it at the popular guild traders in Rawlkha
02/13/16, 12:13 AM   #7
Redphive
Thank you QT!

If you can not find the chest without the treasure map then what is the point of all these addons which make you think you can get pin drops for maps or treasures???

how much do maps cost? is it crown money or in game gold or whatever? If I have like 6k in in game currency not crowns can I get some stinking maps up in this joint? What is the big deal? I have been all over and RARELY FIND ANY MAPS!!!! this game sucks if it is going to hide all the goodies for no one to find... and then to create a bunch of addons that presumably help you find maps or treasure...??? if just rude and mean to lie to people :'(
02/13/16, 12:15 AM   #8
Redphive
Does anyone have any HarvestMapImport.lua files I could sponge off you so I can find some damn loot Help a brother out for goodness sake
02/13/16, 12:35 AM   #9
QuadroTony
Banned
fyi in treasures there is no goodies, just a trash

sometimes you can find malachite shard there, and set items costs max 5k gold but only if you loot treasures when you are max level - vr16

when you find or buy treasure map and open it - you will figure out why you need addon for it

or you can look at the 4th and 5th screenshots of the Lost Treasure addon page to see how treasure maps looks like

regular price for treasure map is like 100-500 gold at the guild stores
except Cyrodiil maps - like 3k, and Orsinium maps, high price too
02/13/16, 01:03 AM   #10
Redphive
am confused so I should not bother with trying to find maps or treasure because there is usually no loot???

What on earth do you mean by: "when you find or buy treasure map and open it - you will figure out why you need addon for it "

I think i have seen what treasure maps look like... don't they look like pictures of areas where the treasure is not really a map but a picture of an area in 3d?

So I guess what you are saying is the maps suck and even if you can figure the map out the treasure you find sucks too... is that correct? I believe you I just want to know that is what you are saying???

And your conclusion is YES you can buy them buy why would you????
02/13/16, 01:35 AM   #11
QuadroTony
Banned
too many questions, man
i believe all answers already exist in the google, but better try to create a topic on the official forum with all your questions! there is alot of ppl online and you will get answers immediatly

this is mostly forum fo addons, not for beginner questions, and the online here is abit low, as you see only me atm
and i need to go now, cya!
02/13/16, 01:09 PM   #12
Redphive
QT that is not helpful, if I cannot get answers about ESO UI ADONS on a forum all about ESO UI ADONS then I am really screwed. I can not use the normal ESO forum because I forgot my email address. I know my user name and my password so I can play but by golly I can not get on the forums because I don't know my email, and to change your email you have know your email there is no other way I could see.

So yeah... thanks for nothing!
02/13/16, 01:18 PM   #13
QuadroTony
Banned
and for your info
if you forgot the email say good bye to your accont

next time you change one ofthe details in hardware of your pc, or reinstall your systems, or even if your ISP will change your IP - you will not be able to login into the game without an acsess to your email assosiated with eso account

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Why no treasure points on maps ever???