02/28/24, 08:16 AM   #1
Shuba00

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Using others code

Hello, i want to use another code, this one Guild Events, but i don't know how to track the author, i tried using some discord to see if they are there but nothing, can i use it anyway? (obv i will mention them)
02/28/24, 09:51 AM   #2
Sharlikran

The mod has been rewritten several times. The most recent version is here: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...tsRevised.html

Does that version not work or something? Sometimes if the API hasn't changed it may work just fine.
02/28/24, 11:52 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Please read here how to proceed on taking over an abandoned addon or creating patches or new versions:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9865
-> "If you request new features for an existing addon"
-> "If you request an addon fix/update/revive"
-> "If you want to take-over an abandoned addon/Before creating a patch/copy of an addon"
02/28/24, 02:49 PM   #4
Shuba00

I don't wanna make another version of the addon, i wanna just use some parts for other purpose and ask them permission

Last edited by Shuba00 : 02/28/24 at 05:12 PM.
02/29/24, 04:48 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I know. The info provided in these threads should help you see what needs to be done and checked in that case, e.g. check addon descriptions, licensing, contact author, what time to wait for an aswer at least, etc.

We cannot provide a 100% answer here, it's up to each author and addon itsself (especially if any licensing is used).
Pleas read the linked information and if you got further detailed questions (e.g. describe what the addon uses as description/licensing, if author said anything about using his addon's cod/changing his addons, and what code in detail you want to copy) feel free to ask here.

If nothing is against reusing the code, or if it's even ZOs code and he only copied that, you can also do so by providing proper credit in your addon's description (and at best directly at the code lines via comments) to the original addon/author.

Last edited by Baertram : 02/29/24 at 04:50 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Using others code