04/08/17, 03:25 PM   #1
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Distinction between AbilityId and AuraId

Before I ask my actual question, here the terminology I use:

"Aura": Meta-word for buff/debuff/effect/dot, etc.
"SpellId": Meta-word for ability id, buff/debuff id, effect id, etc.

Ok, the question I have: Is there any way to make a distinction for spell id types? Let's take the sorcerer's Power Surge ability as an example. If I slot Power Surge and then read out it's ability id by using GetSlotBoundId(), then press the button and look up the Major Sorcery buff I get, I notice the buff's spell id is equal to the ability id (this even applies to ranks). Of course I can differentiate between both of them by the ability type. The problem is: Some abilities give buffs, that don't "inherit" their abilities spell ids, like "summon volatile familiar" and it's buff "volatile familiar". Is there any way to make the lua code check on what buff a specific ability applies or do I have to hardcode it?
04/25/17, 08:34 PM   #2
ArtOfShred

Did you ever find some way the API allows us to correlate between these values? Always been curious.
04/26/17, 02:08 AM   #3
Letho
I am currently using the return values
  • number BuffEffectType effectType,
  • number AbilityType abilityType,
  • number StatusEffectType statusEffectType

of GetUnitBuffInfo() or EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED. But as of now I do not know any way of getting the required info by just providing a spellId or spellName.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Distinction between AbilityId and AuraId