07/09/14, 02:53 PM   #21
EarthAngel
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Our java programmer is investigating splash screen issue some of you are experiencing and hopefully we will have a solution soon for you all.
Any news on this please? I've got this issue too and I've tried the above fixes. Very annoying. I haven't managed to get minion to run at all, this has been happening since first install. Tried: uninstalling, uninstalling the C++ programs mentioned, reinstalling, running from Java (which is up to date)... Help?

Thanks!
07/09/14, 02:57 PM   #22
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Are you running the latest version 2.0.10? If not un-install Minion and download the latest version from http://minion.mmoui.com

Usually if it hangs on the splash screen it is having trouble with your internet. However that is not always the case so your problem may have the same symptoms but a different cause.
- Are you using a proxy?
- Are you using any browser plugins that allow you to watch region locked videos?
- What is your security software?
- What is your default web browser?

Do you have a minion0.log? please post it. http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236
07/14/14, 10:30 AM   #23
EarthAngel
Are you running the latest version 2.0.10? If not un-install Minion and download the latest version from http://minion.mmoui.com

Usually if it hangs on the splash screen it is having trouble with your internet. However that is not always the case so your problem may have the same symptoms but a different cause.
- Are you using a proxy?
- Are you using any browser plugins that allow you to watch region locked videos?

Do you have a minion0.log? please post it. http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236
Hi thank you for replying!

I'm not using a proxy or plugins for region locked videos.
I use the AVG free virus check and the windows firewall
Default is Chrome.
I'm not sure how i can get the minion0.log since I can't get it started even the first time, I tried looking in users\myname\appdata\local\minion but there's nothing there. Am i looking in the wrong place?

I tried reinstalling with the newest and i still get the same issue.

Does this help at all?

Thanks for your help! Let me know if there's anything else i can provide :-)

Eva
07/20/14, 12:55 PM   #24
Chasinghawk
I am having the same issue as a few other here. Minion is stuck on the splash screen. This issue started after the update sometime in June 2014 I think. I know it has been awhile (possibly right after the ESO game update 2).

I have installed the latest version of Minion 2.0.10.
Java is completely up to date.
I run Firefox as my default browser.
I have uninstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable and my computer has the 2013 version installed.

When I launch the program all I get is the small screen with the Minion/Zam logos on it.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion0.log (5.8 KB, 489 views)
07/20/14, 04:37 PM   #25
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Chasinghawk View Post
I have uninstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable and my computer has the 2013 version installed.
Minion needs the 2010 version as the 2013 is missing a few files it uses. When you install Minion it should prompt asking if you'd like to install the 2010 version of Microsoft Visual C++.

If re-instlling the 2010 version of Microsoft Visual C++, what happens if you un-install Minion 2.0.10 and re-install Minion 2.0.9 (then decline to update)? cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.9a-beta.exe
07/21/14, 12:14 AM   #26
EarthAngel
Any news on my problem yet? :-)
07/21/14, 02:42 AM   #27
Chasinghawk
Minion needs the 2010 version as the 2013 is missing a few files it uses. When you install Minion it should prompt asking if you'd like to install the 2010 version of Microsoft Visual C++.

If re-instlling the 2010 version of Microsoft Visual C++, what happens if you un-install Minion 2.0.10 and re-install Minion 2.0.9 (then decline to update)? cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.9a-beta.exe
I did as you suggested. I uninstalled version 2.0.10 and re installed 2.0.9a, but did not get a prompt to decline
an upgrade. I still am having the issue with it being stuck on the splash screen. I do have the 2012 version of Visual C++ now, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

In the Minion folder the XML doc. is all that is in there.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (408 Bytes, 571 views)
07/21/14, 12:08 PM   #28
Chasinghawk
Well since trying to install the 2.0.9a version did not work. I went onto my laptop, copied and pasted the version 2.0.8 of Minion. I installed and it worked. I declined the update and so far it is working.

I will keep an eye on this thread for a solution to the current version's problems.
08/06/14, 01:10 PM   #29
EarthAngel

- Are you using a proxy?

I tried reinstalling with the latest version today, but it's still not good. Do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks
08/06/14, 06:59 PM   #30
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Could you try installing the 32bit version of the client for me? I've found that some systems although running a 64bit OS for some reason force java to run at 32bit.

http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.11_x86-beta.exe

Can't say that will work for you but its worth a try (and please let me know either way). It fixed the jvm.dll error people were getting. We are working on getting more error logging during the splash screen so we can try and catch this error. However it will be about a week yet (maybe more) before we can get that logging into Minion.

Last edited by Dolby : 08/06/14 at 07:03 PM.
08/06/14, 10:56 PM   #31
EarthAngel
Could you try installing the 32bit version of the client for me? I've found that some systems although running a 64bit OS for some reason force java to run at 32bit.

Can't say that will work for you but its worth a try (and please let me know either way). It fixed the jvm.dll error people were getting. We are working on getting more error logging during the splash screen so we can try and catch this error. However it will be about a week yet (maybe more) before we can get that logging into Minion.
Hi,

I tried that, unfortunately it's still hanging :-(
08/11/14, 06:54 AM   #32
BlackBear

Something I have found out is that if I disconnect myself from the internet while hanging at the splash screen, Minion will continue on to the loading screen but will be stuck on loading WOW game data.
Hope this helps somehow.
09/18/14, 05:29 AM   #33
EarthAngel
Any news yet please? I've just installed the latest beta version (2.0.13) and it's still not working.

Thanks!

09/18/14, 10:32 AM   #34
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by EarthAngel View Post
Any news yet please? I've just installed the latest beta version (2.0.13) and it's still not working.

Thanks!
Re-reading some of your earlier posts. Where do you have Minion installed if its not the default location? You said you couldn't find anything at "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Minion" (that's the default install path)?

Are there any uni-code or non-alpha numeric characters in your windows username or path that Minion is installed in?

We added some more logging in 2.0.13 do you have a .minion folder with a minion0.log, Try re-running Minion a few times and see if you get a log file? Should be located at C:\Users\<your username>\.minion

Last edited by Dolby : 09/18/14 at 10:55 AM.
09/18/14, 02:39 PM   #35
EarthAngel
Re-reading some of your earlier posts. Where do you have Minion installed if its not the default location? You said you couldn't find anything at "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Minion" (that's the default install path)?

Are there any uni-code or non-alpha numeric characters in your windows username or path that Minion is installed in?

We added some more logging in 2.0.13 do you have a .minion folder with a minion0.log, Try re-running Minion a few times and see if you get a log file? Should be located at C:\Users\<your username>\.minion
I can find the Minion folder on the default install path, I just cannot find the minion0.log file. I've tried re-running about 5-6 times and still nothing in either location you mentioned
09/20/14, 10:43 AM   #36
BlackBear

Same as Earth. I have the default location but no minion0.log file

I downloaded the newest version and uninstalled the old but same problem

Last edited by BlackBear : 09/20/14 at 11:38 AM.
09/20/14, 08:21 PM   #37
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
What language operating system are you guys running? Maybe this is an issue that is effecting non-English operating systems?
09/21/14, 02:05 AM   #38
BlackBear

Danish.

Windows 7 64 bit.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Hanging at splash screen (not load progress) screen