01/19/17, 12:50 AM   #1
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Dynamic name usage

I wanted to loop through the icons in the alchemy station. For example, the first reagent's first icon is at ZO_AlchemyTopLevelInventoryBackpack2Row1Trait1Icon. The second reagent's first icon is at ZO_AlchemyTopLevelInventoryBackpack2Row2Trait1Icon and so forth. You can change the size of the icon by doing this: ZO_AlchemyTopLevelInventoryBackpack2Row1Trait1Icon:SetScale(.5).

Is there a way for me to loop through and change the scale of all of them? All I'd need to do is be able to change the number after Row, but I don't know how to do that.
01/19/17, 01:19 AM   #2
Ayantir

even if it's super easy to access things with their gui names, please avoid this

ZO_AlchemyTopLevelInventoryBackpack2Row2Trait1Icon:Something() .. works, but it's just a bad practice. okay if there is no other choices, but consider looking at source generating this first if not done yet.

I even didn't looked, but it could be a ALCHEMY.control per example..

And please, even if you have good ideas and so on, for 99% of the user base, when you ask "Alchemy addon ?" they answer "Potion maker".. so.. it would be cool to push this thing into this one.. not creating a little addon that maybe no-one will know.

building a great addon is better than having 10 little addons doing approximatively the same thing and half supported and third badlycoded and .. yeah yea, i'm grumpy

Ayantir, bit old those times.
01/20/17, 12:41 AM   #3
Rhyono
Thanks, I looked through ALCHEMY more and even though I didn't find an easy way to do what I wanted via ALCHEMY.control I did find a way elsewhere in ALCHEMY.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Dynamic name usage