10/16/17, 10:18 PM   #1
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Issue with Rally skill and GetUnitAttributeVisualizerEffectInfo()

Lua Code:
  1. GetUnitAttributeVisualizerEffectInfo(string unitTag, number UnitAttributeVisua, number statType, number attributeType, number powerType)
  2.         Returns: number:nilable value, number:nilable maxValue

Using this function to create custom regeneration arrows on UnitFrames for LUIE with attributeType:
Lua Code:
  1. ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_INCREASED_REGEN_POWER
  2. ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_DECREASED_REGEN_POWER
I discovered some issues I initially thought were on my end.

This issue effects the default UnitFrames:
When you cast Rally, then cast Vigor in the middle of the effect after rally fades, the ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_INCREASED_REGEN_POWER actually drops to a negative number. This is kind of strange I'd expect it to hit 0 or derive the correct incoming HP/s from Rally still ongoing. When this happens small degen arrows appear on the default Unitframes.

And the other issue that also effects the default UnitFrames:
Cast rally. After a few seconds (sometimes the first heal tick, sometimes with a longer delay, not sure why) the regeneration arrows will appear on the default UnitFrame. Press rally again. For the entire duration of this cast of rally (or if you cast it again) unless another regen/degen effect is applied, no regeneration arrows will appear.

It's worth noting the 3 event handlers:
Lua Code:
  1. EVENT_UNIT_ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_ADDED (eventCode, unitTag, unitAttributeVisual, statType, attributeType, powerType, value, maxValue)
  2. EVENT_UNIT_ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_REMOVED (eventCode, unitTag, unitAttributeVisual, statType, attributeType, powerType, value, maxValue)
  3. EVENT_UNIT_ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_UPDATED (eventCode, unitTag, unitAttributeVisual, statType, attributeType, powerType, oldValue, newValue, oldMaxValue, newMaxValue)

Filtering for ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_INCREASED_REGEN_POWER in the event handler, the only event that fires when Rally is recast while currently active is EVENT_UNIT_ATTRIBUTE_VISUAL_REMOVED. This event handler does still have a positive value returned.

However, when following it up with an immediate GetUnitAttributeVisualizerEffectInfo() - this function returns a 0 value for both REGEN and DEGEN.

EDIT: Uploaded a video showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC0p_1Nv1go

EDIT: While I'm making this post its also worth noting that Critical Surge doesn't apply a STAT_POWER increase. (Not sure about other morphs)

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 10/18/17 at 05:00 PM.

10/19/17, 07:43 AM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
We put in a bug for it.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [outdated] Issue with Rally skill and GetUnitAttributeVisualizerEffectInfo()