07/23/17, 02:34 AM   #1
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Sealed Writ Item Link Changes

I recently realized that sealed writ item links are very close to being usable for player requests. However, with a few changes a sealed writ item link created by an addon could instead be linked, effectively allowing players to make master writ requests.

This is awesome from a roleplay perspective - because all a master writ is anyway is someone asking for a special item, and it would allow players to essentially do the same.

While an addon could be made by itself to change the item link handler slightly so it could handle these changed parameters, if ZOS makes these changes, then it has the added benefit of showing this request to everyone.

The changes that would need to be made are adding a level indicator to the sealed writ, and having it shown on the tooltip, as well as the ability to handle no traits, or no quality.

There are a few alternatives that I could pursue from my side. One, the parameters could be inserted into the sealed writ item link regardless. Even if the addon changed the link handler slightly, this would not be ideal because players without the handler would not see the level. Trait and quality would be okay, since they just don't show up when the value is 0, but it would be nice to actually have it say no trait or white. It would also be possible to just use Item Ids and make an item link of the actual item, but that is a LOT of itemIds. (file just for crafted ones is 191KB) Finally, just a text descriptor could be used, but that's boring, and can easily be done without an addon anyway.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Sealed Writ Item Link Changes