05/04/15, 08:35 AM   #1
Zazz1772
Research Assistant Question

Is there any way to delete old character profiles for this add on? It is showing characters that I have deleted off of my account awhile ago.
Also the tool tip only seems to show up whenever it feels like it and not for all of the items, any idea why this is happening?
05/04/15, 08:50 AM   #2
Zazz1772
Also I tried uninstalling the add-on and reinstalling it. Didn't do anything, so I am guessing the is a saved character profile somewhere,? whether it is in an ESO file or Research Assistant file I'm not sure.
05/04/15, 10:02 AM   #3
Sasky
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's under the SavedVariables folder (on Windows it's "My Documents/ElderScrollsOnline/live/SavedVariables" for NA or "liveeu" for EU server).

If you delete the file named "ResearchAssistant.lua, it'll clear all data for it. You'll then need to log through each character to have the info again, but all the old characters will be gone.

It is possible to edit the file with a text editor and delete just the entries (or do it via Zgoo), but if you're not comfortable with Lua, it's probably easier to just delete it.
05/04/15, 11:09 PM   #4
Zazz1772
Thank you so much! I actually went into the lua file and did it that way. Never did anything in lua before, but it didnt seem too bad. I figured if I mess it up I'm just going to delete it and do it the other way.
01/25/18, 01:18 AM   #5
Incendax
This doesn't seem to work for me. I've edited the ResearchAssistant.lua, deleted ResearchAssistant.lua, completely uninstalled the add-on and deleted all saved variables. The add-on still remembers my deleted characters and flags everything with a trait.

Last edited by Incendax : 01/25/18 at 01:21 AM.
01/25/18, 04:24 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You have to logout first! Then delete the saved variables file or edit it. Afterwards login again. Otehrwise the data will be restored from ingame savedvars.

If this does not work for you you have deleted the wrong file :-)
Open the explorer and enter this in the path edit field:

%userprofile%\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\

Switch to the subfolder "SavedVariables" and search for the ResearchAssistant.lua file there. This contains the saved data.
01/25/18, 10:12 PM   #7
Incendax
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You have to logout first! Then delete the saved variables file or edit it. Afterwards login again. Otehrwise the data will be restored from ingame savedvars.

If this does not work for you you have deleted the wrong file :-)
Open the explorer and enter this in the path edit field:

%userprofile%\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\

Switch to the subfolder "SavedVariables" and search for the ResearchAssistant.lua file there. This contains the saved data.
Step 1) Made sure no ESO was running any processes.
Step 2) Navigated to Username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables
Step 3) Edit ResearchAssistant.Lua. Confirm there is no mention of deleted alts.
Step 4) Delete ResearchAssistant.Lua.
Step 5) Start ESO Launcher.
Step 6) Log in and check items. They are red and still list my deleted alts.

ESO is not installed anywhere else.
01/26/18, 09:21 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hm, if you delete the savedvars and your characters are not existing anymore because they are deleted, where should the addon get the data from then...Weird.
-> Is the deleted file rebuild with the actual system date inb the folder now?
Or is it still missing?
->It should have been rebuild after logout/reloadui.

It seems as if it's using some other folder then.
Are you using Microsoft OneDrive? Please check the onedrive folder for an Elder Scrolls Online dir then and see if there is the SavedVariables directory and the file you need to delete then.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Research Assistant Question