04/20/17, 02:21 PM   #1
TheJaZed
Minion doesn't completely remove a backup, thoughts?

[This is my first post, I hope I'm doing everything the right way]

This is a thing that doesn't really matter to anyone and only a few people will probably really care about this, buts I still wanted to tell you guys.
I backup up my eso addons. I really don't know why I wanted to take a look at the folder where the backups are saved, but I did. I removed a backup, again, don't know why and I noticed that it didn't really remove a backup. It left the text file with the id-numbers(at least that's what I think they are) of the addons. I really don't know whether this has been done on purpose, but I actually like it. In case I accidentally remove a backup I'm actually still able to know what addons I had thanks to the text file. But if you're backing up daily and use this software for 2 years you have over 600 text files.
This might help some people if the game crashes or something, they're like remove all the addons and have removed the backups, you can actually still find those backups. In case those numbers are actual id-numbers and don't change.
I think it might be a good thing to make this an option. I would keep this on because the text file of my backup is just 100 bytes, or actually nothing. But there might be people that want to keep things as clean as possible, so I don't know. What are your thoughts? Keep it this way, option or just make minion remove the text file?

I also linked 2 screenshots so you can see what I mean.

I am using Minion 3.0.5 on Windows 10 64 bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (32).png
Views:	263
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	865  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (33).png
Views:	357
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	866  
04/21/17, 05:37 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks TheJaZed, good catch!

I'll create a big ticket for that.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion doesn't completely remove a backup, thoughts?