07/13/17, 08:19 AM   #1
r4nd0muser
[Request]COMPLETE purge of userIDs

There's a few addons that replace userIDs with character names for chat, target frames, interaction prompts, but I haven't found any at all that do it for guild/friends/group panels or wherever else they might appear (friend/group/guild invite prompts?)

I spent like a day searching. Can't believe nobody thought to do it or request it yet. Am I the only one who is infuriated by userIDs everywhere?

I'd really like to have an addon that completely replaces userIDs with character names in _EVERY_SINGLE_PLACE_ in the game.

Last edited by r4nd0muser : 07/13/17 at 09:51 AM.
07/14/17, 03:24 AM   #2
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I really doubt there's an addon that unilaterally replaces names everywhere. You'd need to overwrite stuff in dozens of places, potentially causing hundreds of bugs across the game, both with and without other addons. Not to mention finding all those places, some of which will rarely show up. (Guild invites, for example) There is an option somewhere in the base game (maybe social?) that allows you to tell the game to prefer character names or @names. My game shows me the character names in the group panel (ignoring the tooltip with the @name, which I hope is not what you're referring to)

Personally, I like those @names, and would definitely not want to remove them. It provides a sense of 'continuation' between different characters. Relthion and Malorson are the same guy - so I wouldn't want to repeat myself, forget about conversations that they likely remember, insult the 'other person,' or something else.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request]COMPLETE purge of userIDs