02/07/17, 10:10 AM   #81
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Just got greeted by this error on the live server. Looks like GetItemLinkTradeskillRequirement was not replaced with GetItemLinkRecipeTradeskillRequirement.
Whelp, I didn't think there was any remaining way to mess this up but I guess I was wrong.
02/07/17, 10:21 AM   #82
Randactyl
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@ZOS_ChipHilseberg

Can you shed any light on why we might be getting so many cases of "attempt to access a private function" for PickupInventoryItem and UseItem when pressing the use keybind or double clicking an item in 2.7?

Some cases are worse than others, but this is all happening with methods we've been using successfully for a long time now.

More context here: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6794
02/07/17, 10:54 AM   #83
Rhyono
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
undocumented changes - animation when reading lorebook was deleted, now hero pickup it immediatly alot faster than before
Possibly part of this change? "In addition, you can now read most books while in combat or in stealth."
02/07/17, 11:06 AM   #84
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Whelp, I didn't think there was any remaining way to mess this up but I guess I was wrong.
There is always a way!
But I have to say, overall it works better then the last few updates for me. Didn't see a single crash or completely broken feature yesterday.
02/07/17, 11:27 AM   #85
Anceane

There is always a way!
But I have to say, overall it works better then the last few updates for me. Didn't see a single crash or completely broken feature yesterday.
Tssss tsss lucky you!! :P

There is an addon totaly broken since the patch, not directed to what you mentionned above, but yet No Thank You addon is conflicting with the new group finder, and we have to disable it to be able to use GF. Only disabling the group function does not work at all. (posted in the addon comments)

Not a biggie some will say but now i am spammed with all the guildies logging, the spin for any inventory opening, etc etc grrr LOL
02/07/17, 11:39 AM   #86
QuadroTony
Banned
hey Chip! is bug with SubSampling quality stuck on High always - in a list of known issues?
if not pelase add =)

many players with low Pc specs cannot play because of that =(
02/07/17, 01:43 PM   #87
sirinsidiator

Btw Chip, you said you would increase the trading house filter parameter count to 24, but it is still locked to 8 in the live version. Did you miss that change, or is it not coming?
02/07/17, 08:00 PM   #88
Rhyono
I just noticed this yesterday and it's kind of odd. Normally (not every time) I queue for a specific dungeon ("specific" meaning I chose the dungeon; doesn't matter what I chose), it also checks Spindleclutch I. I don't know if it has anything to do with the queue update?

FGI had some changes done at the War Chief. His adds will do a charged attack and an aoe. Even upon death (while laying there), their aoe AND charging animation will remain. Bonus: if you could pull the chest to the right of the closed door (before he died) that is trapped in cobwebs so it could actually be looted I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Rhyono : 02/07/17 at 11:41 PM.
02/08/17, 08:48 AM   #89
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
hey Chip! is bug with SubSampling quality stuck on High always - in a list of known issues?
if not pelase add =)

many players with low Pc specs cannot play because of that =(
I'm tracking it down.
02/08/17, 11:45 AM   #90
sirinsidiator

I just listed a woodworking writ for a "Trial by Fire" set and it ended up as a "Deadly Strike" set on the guild store. Here are the item links before and after:

item link before listing (trial by fire)
|H1:item:119682:6:1:0:0:0:65:192:4:208:13:16:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:58500|h|h
item link after listing (deadly strike)
|H1:item:119682:6:1:0:0:0:65:192:4:127:13:16:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:58500|h|h

I'd say the issue we see is a wrong data type in the trading house data base.
02/08/17, 12:00 PM   #91
Rhyono
So if a 9 trait crafter buys it based on the vouchers, they won't even notice it's impossible to craft. Brutal. Someone unsign that byte soon.
02/08/17, 12:15 PM   #92
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Btw Chip, you said you would increase the trading house filter parameter count to 24, but it is still locked to 8 in the live version. Did you miss that change, or is it not coming?
Looks like I got the server messaging over but didn't take the API change to add more params in SetTradingHouseFilter. I'll be increasing the number of params to 24 to match the server.
02/08/17, 12:16 PM   #93
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
I just listed a woodworking writ for a "Trial by Fire" set and it ended up as a "Deadly Strike" set on the guild store. Here are the item links before and after:

item link before listing (trial by fire)
|H1:item:119682:6:1:0:0:0:65:192:4:208:13:16:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:58500|h|h
item link after listing (deadly strike)
|H1:item:119682:6:1:0:0:0:65:192:4:127:13:16:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:58500|h|h

I'd say the issue we see is a wrong data type in the trading house data base.
This is a known issue that is being solved as we speak.
02/08/17, 12:40 PM   #94
sirinsidiator

Looks like I got the server messaging over but didn't take the API change to add more params in SetTradingHouseFilter. I'll be increasing the number of params to 24 to match the server.
Awesome. Looking forward to it.

This is a known issue that is being solved as we speak.
Are the writs permanently turned into the wrong set, or is it just a display bug? If it is permanent, will we get them replaced eventually?
02/09/17, 06:33 PM   #95
Rhyono
Are the writs permanently turned into the wrong set, or is it just a display bug? If it is permanent, will we get them replaced eventually?
Can confirm it is permanent after listing (I tested it on a 6v woodworking).
02/10/17, 07:06 AM   #96
Sounomi
Considering the recent changes to how secure/insecure code is handled, we need a secuse post hook function even more now. :x

Its not a display bug. It gets stuck that way after taking them off of the trader and after the accepting the quest, it still wants the uncraftable set. I certainly hope existing ones get fixed too considering this happened to some of mine with higher payouts on them...
02/10/17, 10:32 AM   #97
Randactyl
Posthook requests: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6152
02/10/17, 11:46 AM   #98
Anceane

bug report with Housing editon (no addon)

In fact it appears that this is the exact same bug that i encounter each time i check my achievements list :
- i can reproduce it always :
1 - open house editor
2 - check any section for the crown store for example
that section will expand itself to show all possibilities and will expand again to show whats inside each section
3 - check any other section without closing manually each of the expanded section
4 - and you got all this popping :

Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/FurnitureClasses_Shared.lua:450: attempt to access a private function 'GetMarketProductPricingByPresentation' from insecure code
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/FurnitureClasses_Shared.lua:450: in function 'ZO_HousingMarketProduct:GetMarketProductPricingByPresentation'
	EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/HousingFurnitureProducts_Keyboard.lua:80: in function 'ZO_HousingFurnitureProducts_Keyboard:SetupMarketProductFurnitureRow'
	EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/HousingFurnitureProducts_Keyboard.lua:59: in function 'setupCallback'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:1462: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:1222: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_Commit'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:155: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:CommitScrollList'
	EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/FurnitureClasses_Keyboard.lua:402: in function 'ZO_HousingFurnitureList:ContentsCommitScrollList'
	EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/FurnitureClasses_Keyboard.lua:320: in function 'CommitScrollList'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:138: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:RefreshData'
	EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/FurnitureClasses_Keyboard.lua:372: in function 'ZO_HousingFurnitureList:OnCategorySelected'
After more testing it appears that it happens only when we check the crowns house store furniture. Our personal listing (the one showing what we own already, dont have that problem with each expanded section close itself when we move over another section). But for the crown listing, each section stay open and i need to quit the game to consult another section, or i stay stuck on the first expanded section
(sorry hope this is clear, not a english native langage and sometimes it is hard to use the right words for such report)

This is also something we encounter with the expanding of the achievement.
if you dont close an expanded list and open a new one, then you have the new listing stuck above the other one and a message basically identic.
02/10/17, 08:54 PM   #99
Sounomi
Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
To add to that thread without necro-bumping it, here's an example Post Hook function I wrote for myself that seems to cover what everyone desires for one. Only limitation is that the hooked function can only return one value for the return override. Don't know if that can be changed or if its just a limitation of Lua.

Warning: Spoiler
02/11/17, 11:01 AM   #100
Agathorn
Was there a change to the event EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE ? It doesn't appear to be firing for me anymore when it should be.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » 2.7 Update