Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
01/26/18, 07:35 PM   #1
ShadowHvo
Help Requested! I want to create a Public Home Addon

Greetings everyone,

I'm quite a noob at coding, since I'm only capable of HTML, CSS and PHP. I've tried to test the waters a little with Lua, yet I must admit that my head is spinning quite a bit.

Thats why I'll like to ask for help in the creation of rather 'simple' addon. (At least in concept!)

Concept:

The addon should be a collection of public home "hotspots" for roleplayers, but under a rather controlled environment. In other words, each and every home location should be added manually to the addon by the author (Preferably myself, if I can get my head wrapped around it.)

I imagine that each added home should contain a title and a flavour text to accompany it, and should be accessed through an additional button on the ingame map.

Example:
The user opens the map and accesses the "RP Homes" The user is then presented with a list of areas (I.E "The Golden Goose Tavern", "Tailor of Finery & Silks", "Lush Glenumbra Forest" ect ect) which, when clicked, should open up with a window similar to the "purchase Home" screen with an image, title, description and at last a button to travel to the player home.

Even better if possible, it could potentially include a map icon somewhere in the world to allow access to the area more organically.

But first and foremost, I'll like to ask you knowledgable people, if such an addon is possible to create? And if so, would anyone potentially be able to help?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Help Requested! I want to create a Public Home Addon