Quantcast 3.2 API Notes - ESOUI
Thread Tools Display Modes
09/18/17, 03:04 PM   #1
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 452
3.2 API Notes

Here are the initial API notes for 3.2.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ESOUIDocumentationP16.txt (588.2 KB, 64 views)
  Reply With Quote
09/19/17, 09:41 AM   #2
rockingdice
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
In PTS, calling GetItemLinkTraitInfo(itemLink) will crash in some situation(though I cannot get any useful information because the crash).

Is there any limitation to use this function?

I'm using it when iterate all the items from bank, for each item I'll check its trait name, so it crashed in one of the items.

Last edited by rockingdice : 09/19/17 at 09:54 AM.
  Reply With Quote
09/19/17, 09:53 AM   #3
Ayantir
 
Ayantir's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 971
If it crash, it's not a limitation, but a bug.
If there was some limitations it would return nil or false per example.. ^^
__________________
Obsessive Compulsive Coder

My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  Reply With Quote
09/19/17, 10:53 AM   #4
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,259
Try an addon lik AdvancedFilters to split the items into categories in the inventory and then "just select the visible ones", not all in the bagId. Maybe you are able to track the item causing this down this way?
  Reply With Quote
09/19/17, 01:38 PM   #5
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 91
The addon system will now only process manifest files that have the same name as the folder they are in. If your addon is in a folder name MyFolder, then the addon will only load MyFolder.txt as a manifest. It will no longer try to load files like ReadMe.txt. Additionally, all paths in the manifest file will now be relative to the location the manifest file is in, not AddOns/<AddOnName>. This should be more intuitive and also supports moving addons into subfolders. This is important because the addon system will now scan two levels deep into the folders in the AddOns directory looking for manifest files. This means you can put addons within folders or folders of folders and they will still load. In the future, look for more changes that build on these to allow better handling of libraries.
Copied from here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...change-log-pts

I tried the following structure, but the addon "HarvestMapAD" does not appear in the addon list:
/pts/AddOns/HarvestMap/HarvestMapAD/HarvestMapAD.txt

ESO does detect "HarvestMap" as defined in the txt:
/pts/AddOns/HarvestMap/HarvestMap.txt
but when I move the txt to
/pts/AddOns/HarvestMap/HarvestMap/HarvestMap.txt
The addon is no longer listed in the addon list. It seems ESO does not support moving addons into subfolders unlike stated in the addon patch notes.
  Reply With Quote
09/20/17, 01:44 AM   #6
Dolgubon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 175
Originally Posted by rockingdice View Post
In PTS, calling GetItemLinkTraitInfo(itemLink) will crash in some situation(though I cannot get any useful information because the crash).

Is there any limitation to use this function?

I'm using it when iterate all the items from bank, for each item I'll check its trait name, so it crashed in one of the items.
Did you retraitable any items? That's probably the main change to the function.
  Reply With Quote
09/20/17, 06:12 AM   #7
rockingdice
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
Did you retraitable any items? That's probably the main change to the function.
No. Already give the item link to chip, he's going to figure out what's the issue. It's a master writ.
  Reply With Quote
09/21/17, 10:01 AM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 452
Originally Posted by rockingdice View Post
No. Already give the item link to chip, he's going to figure out what's the issue. It's a master writ.
This has been fixed and will be in the PTS build after this next one.
  Reply With Quote
09/22/17, 02:57 AM   #9
rockingdice
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
This has been fixed and will be in the PTS build after this next one.
Thank you! I'll test my add-ons when it's updated
  Reply With Quote
09/29/17, 09:09 PM   #10
silvereyes
 
silvereyes's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
This has been fixed and will be in the PTS build after this next one.
Heh. You guys beat me to it. I was going crazy trying to figure out why the game crashed every time Quality Sort sorted a list with master writs in it.

Hopefully this fixes the crashes with Harven's Trait and Style and Master Merchant when hovering a master writ item.
  Reply With Quote
10/09/17, 12:31 PM   #11
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 316
I've lost track; are we at/past the PTS update where this is fixed?
  Reply With Quote
10/09/17, 12:40 PM   #12
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 452
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
I've lost track; are we at/past the PTS update where this is fixed?
The fix should be on PTS now, yes.
  Reply With Quote
10/09/17, 02:37 PM   #13
Drummerx04
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
For the
Lua Code:
  1. Control:(Set|Get)Handler(string _Event_Name...)
functions, is there an actual list of WHAT the event names actually are?

The best I could find was a list I generated myself from the esoui source code from the root directory...

grep -oRE -e '"On[A-Z][A-Za-z]+"' * | sed 's/^.*://' | sort | uniq

Which basically just leverages the naming convention for Handlers and generates the list below, but I'm not sure it can really count as an official list.
  1. "OnAbilityUpdatedStatusChanged"
  2. "OnActivated"
  3. "OnActivityFinderStatusUpdate"
  4. "OnBlockingSceneActivated"
  5. "OnBlockingSceneCleared"
  6. "OnBonusDealComplete"
  7. "OnCardDealComplete"
  8. "OnCardDeselected"
  9. "OnCardLeave"
  10. "OnCardOutComplete"
  11. "OnCardRevealed"
  12. "OnCardSelected"
  13. "OnCharacterConstructionReady"
  14. "OnCharacterCreateNameChanged"
  15. "OnCharacterLoadRequested"
  16. "OnChatSetChannel"
  17. "OnClicked"
  18. "OnCollectibleNewStatusRemoved"
  19. "OnCollectibleUpdated"
  20. "OnCollectiblesUpdated"
  21. "OnCollectionNotificationRemoved"
  22. "OnCollectionUpdated"
  23. "OnColorSelected"
  24. "OnCooldownsUpdate"
  25. "OnCurrencyUpdated"
  26. "OnDeactivated"
  27. "OnDealRequested"
  28. "OnDeathRecapAvailableChanged"
  29. "OnDeathTypeChanged"
  30. "OnDownArrow"
  31. "OnDragStart"
  32. "OnEffectivelyHidden"
  33. "OnEffectivelyShown"
  34. "OnEnter"
  35. "OnFlipCard"
  36. "OnFlipComplete"
  37. "OnFocusGained"
  38. "OnFocusLost"
  39. "OnFormattedChatEvent"
  40. "OnGamepadDialogHidden"
  41. "OnGamepadDialogShowing"
  42. "OnGamepadPreferredModeChanged"
  43. "OnGemifyComplete"
  44. "OnGroupStatusChange"
  45. "OnGuildIdChanged"
  46. "OnGuildSelected"
  47. "OnHandleLFMPromptResponse"
  48. "OnHide"
  49. "OnHideWorldMapTooltip"
  50. "OnHouseTemplateDataUpdated"
  51. "OnLeaderboardMasterListUpdated"
  52. "OnLevelUpdate"
  53. "OnLineComplete"
  54. "OnManifestInComplete"
  55. "OnManifestOutComplete"
  56. "OnMinMaxValueChanged"
  57. "OnMostRecentlySelectedDataChanged"
  58. "OnMouseDoubleClick"
  59. "OnMouseDown"
  60. "OnMouseEnter"
  61. "OnMouseExit"
  62. "OnMouseUp"
  63. "OnMouseWheel"
  64. "OnNumOnlineChanged"
  65. "OnNumTotalFriendsChanged"
  66. "OnPlay"
  67. "OnPlayerActivated"
  68. "OnPlayerStateUpdate"
  69. "OnPregameEnterState"
  70. "OnPrimaryDealComplete"
  71. "OnReceiveDrag"
  72. "OnRetraitDirtyEvent"
  73. "OnSceneGroupBarLabelTextChanged"
  74. "OnSceneShowing"
  75. "OnScrollExtentsChanged"
  76. "OnScrollOffsetChanged"
  77. "OnSelectionsChanged"
  78. "OnShow"
  79. "OnShowWorldMapTooltip"
  80. "OnSkillLineNewStatusChanged"
  81. "OnStateChange"
  82. "OnStop"
  83. "OnTab"
  84. "OnTextChanged"
  85. "OnTrigger"
  86. "OnUpArrow"
  87. "OnUpdate"
  88. "OnUpdateCooldowns"
  89. "OnUpdateGroupStatus"
  90. "OnUpdateLocationData"
  91. "OnValueChanged"
  92. "OnWorldMapCampaignChanged"
  93. "OnWorldMapChanged"
  94. "OnWorldMapKeepChanged"
  95. "OnWorldMapModeChanged"
  96. "OnWorldMapQuestsDataRefresh"
  97. "OnWorldMapSavedVarsReady"
  Reply With Quote
10/09/17, 04:24 PM   #14
Decimus
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1
Hi Chip,

Don't know if you got my pm, but is there anything you can say about the status of addons that show incoming attacks from stealth?

This was supposedly "fixed" half a year ago, but these addons are still functioning & showing cast timers for abilities cast from stealth (even before they're in the air).

Can we expect a fix for these in this patch cycle?
  Reply With Quote
10/09/17, 11:50 PM   #15
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 91
https://wiki.esoui.com/UI_XML
This page lists which controls support which callbacks. It also has a list of all callbacks.

Originally Posted by Drummerx04 View Post
For the
Lua Code:
  1. Control:(Set|Get)Handler(string _Event_Name...)
functions, is there an actual list of WHAT the event names actually are?

The best I could find was a list I generated myself from the esoui source code from the root directory...

grep -oRE -e '"On[A-Z][A-Za-z]+"' * | sed 's/^.*://' | sort | uniq

Which basically just leverages the naming convention for Handlers and generates the list below, but I'm not sure it can really count as an official list.
  1. "OnAbilityUpdatedStatusChanged"
  2. "OnActivated"
  3. "OnActivityFinderStatusUpdate"
  4. "OnBlockingSceneActivated"
  5. "OnBlockingSceneCleared"
  6. "OnBonusDealComplete"
  7. "OnCardDealComplete"
  8. "OnCardDeselected"
  9. "OnCardLeave"
  10. "OnCardOutComplete"
  11. "OnCardRevealed"
  12. "OnCardSelected"
  13. "OnCharacterConstructionReady"
  14. "OnCharacterCreateNameChanged"
  15. "OnCharacterLoadRequested"
  16. "OnChatSetChannel"
  17. "OnClicked"
  18. "OnCollectibleNewStatusRemoved"
  19. "OnCollectibleUpdated"
  20. "OnCollectiblesUpdated"
  21. "OnCollectionNotificationRemoved"
  22. "OnCollectionUpdated"
  23. "OnColorSelected"
  24. "OnCooldownsUpdate"
  25. "OnCurrencyUpdated"
  26. "OnDeactivated"
  27. "OnDealRequested"
  28. "OnDeathRecapAvailableChanged"
  29. "OnDeathTypeChanged"
  30. "OnDownArrow"
  31. "OnDragStart"
  32. "OnEffectivelyHidden"
  33. "OnEffectivelyShown"
  34. "OnEnter"
  35. "OnFlipCard"
  36. "OnFlipComplete"
  37. "OnFocusGained"
  38. "OnFocusLost"
  39. "OnFormattedChatEvent"
  40. "OnGamepadDialogHidden"
  41. "OnGamepadDialogShowing"
  42. "OnGamepadPreferredModeChanged"
  43. "OnGemifyComplete"
  44. "OnGroupStatusChange"
  45. "OnGuildIdChanged"
  46. "OnGuildSelected"
  47. "OnHandleLFMPromptResponse"
  48. "OnHide"
  49. "OnHideWorldMapTooltip"
  50. "OnHouseTemplateDataUpdated"
  51. "OnLeaderboardMasterListUpdated"
  52. "OnLevelUpdate"
  53. "OnLineComplete"
  54. "OnManifestInComplete"
  55. "OnManifestOutComplete"
  56. "OnMinMaxValueChanged"
  57. "OnMostRecentlySelectedDataChanged"
  58. "OnMouseDoubleClick"
  59. "OnMouseDown"
  60. "OnMouseEnter"
  61. "OnMouseExit"
  62. "OnMouseUp"
  63. "OnMouseWheel"
  64. "OnNumOnlineChanged"
  65. "OnNumTotalFriendsChanged"
  66. "OnPlay"
  67. "OnPlayerActivated"
  68. "OnPlayerStateUpdate"
  69. "OnPregameEnterState"
  70. "OnPrimaryDealComplete"
  71. "OnReceiveDrag"
  72. "OnRetraitDirtyEvent"
  73. "OnSceneGroupBarLabelTextChanged"
  74. "OnSceneShowing"
  75. "OnScrollExtentsChanged"
  76. "OnScrollOffsetChanged"
  77. "OnSelectionsChanged"
  78. "OnShow"
  79. "OnShowWorldMapTooltip"
  80. "OnSkillLineNewStatusChanged"
  81. "OnStateChange"
  82. "OnStop"
  83. "OnTab"
  84. "OnTextChanged"
  85. "OnTrigger"
  86. "OnUpArrow"
  87. "OnUpdate"
  88. "OnUpdateCooldowns"
  89. "OnUpdateGroupStatus"
  90. "OnUpdateLocationData"
  91. "OnValueChanged"
  92. "OnWorldMapCampaignChanged"
  93. "OnWorldMapChanged"
  94. "OnWorldMapKeepChanged"
  95. "OnWorldMapModeChanged"
  96. "OnWorldMapQuestsDataRefresh"
  97. "OnWorldMapSavedVarsReady"
  Reply With Quote
10/11/17, 01:44 PM   #16
Drummerx04
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
https://wiki.esoui.com/UI_XML
This page lists which controls support which callbacks. It also has a list of all callbacks.
Thank you, I'm going to go sit in a corner and think about how bad I am at navigating Web Content.
  Reply With Quote
10/11/17, 04:22 PM   #17
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 153
Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
Hi Chip,

Don't know if you got my pm, but is there anything you can say about the status of addons that show incoming attacks from stealth?

This was supposedly "fixed" half a year ago, but these addons are still functioning & showing cast timers for abilities cast from stealth (even before they're in the air).

Can we expect a fix for these in this patch cycle?
Many field were blankes because of the addon u mention. Removing EVENT communication for stealthed ppl should do the trick, right? So you can remove your tight restrictions for other buff/debuff/combat events in cyro
  Reply With Quote

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 3.2 API Notes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off