03/31/17, 08:25 PM   #1
TrickMeNot
Confused - White Screen

Been having trouble for a month or two trying to load minion correctly. I'll open the app and up pops the window but all I get is a white background. Windows doesn't do that blue circle thing so the program is running I just can't see anything. Tried a few threads and did a few searches and i believe one scratched the surface of my problem: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6130 Of which I'll add screen shots of the command prompt as well. Any help or links to other threads that do would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Java 1.bmp
Views:	370
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	855  Click image for larger version

Name:	Java 2.bmp
Views:	395
ID:	856  Click image for larger version

Name:	Java 3.bmp
Views:	394
ID:	857  Click image for larger version

Name:	Minion SS.bmp
Views:	467
ID:	858  

Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (29.6 KB, 327 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (526 Bytes, 371 views)
04/02/17, 06:25 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you start Minion as an administrator already?
Did you temporarily disable the firewall/antivirus or added minion to the "whitelist" in there?
Did you check/disable the proxy settings of your internet browser to be sure they are correct?
04/03/17, 05:30 PM   #3
TrickMeNot
Ok so I tried all that and no dice :/ Tried disabling wifi altogether and the same thing happened o.0
Took a second look at the Cmd line output and was wondering what Jansi is? org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
There are two mentions of it not being installed

Last edited by TrickMeNot : 04/03/17 at 05:37 PM.
04/03/17, 07:39 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
What is the resolution of your screen? Its hard to tell from the screen shots as I think they may be resized? I'm wondering if Minion is having trouble with a really small desktop resolution?

From the logs Minion shows to be just loading just fine so that leads me to a UI glitch so thats why I'm wondering your desktop resolution. Also are you running any third party windows theme modifications (doesnt look like it from the screen shots but not sure)? That and the fact Minion seems to be taking up your full screen by default.

When you search on the white screen errors you're is different from what you'll find because other peoples white screen errors had a full white screen, no titlebar, etc. Yours is the background of the Minion window maximized, it still has the window title bar and the windows controls in the upper right.

Last edited by Dolby : 04/03/17 at 07:50 PM.
04/07/17, 07:42 AM   #5
TrickMeNot
Yea I had to resize the images to upload them. 1920 x 1080 is my resolution.
No third party mods for minion and the reason why it is maximized is because I had noticed that when resizing minion outside of the original size the extra space would be black instead of white. Which I had thought weird so I played with it a little I don't know what to tell you about still having the title bar or controls though :/

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Confused - White Screen