03/24/15, 06:00 AM   #1
Toki

Criticize me senpai

Hi,

I post ealier today in ESO official forum* so i'm here with an idea (i have no clue of how work API or addon in ESO) :

I think the recount work from the outcoming damage of the player but i was wondering if you could make it work through the incoming damage of the targets we are fighting. This is just an idea, I don't know if it's possible but I really be thrilled by a recount where we can see each dps of every one in the group we're in.

Thanks for reading me ^^

*(http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...omment_1664560)

PS : Don't yell at me too hard if i'm dumb as f*ck, I love you random citizen.
03/24/15, 06:11 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Theoretically speaking - even if you can't track DPS of each group member separately, you are able to detect changes in health of unit with unique unitTag. So you can get something what is not DPS as you know it, it is effective group damage per second to some unit. This will work for bosses (they have unitTag "boss1"-"boss6"), for other units it will be difficult, because there is no way to get accurate numbers for "target" or "reticleover" when fighting with group of mobs with the same name.

Last edited by Garkin : 03/24/15 at 06:13 AM.
03/24/15, 06:20 AM   #3
xMovingTarget
I wish they would lift the API to grab grp members DPS again like when 1.3 came out. But I dont think they will ever do that again.

Overall raidDPS would be a thing. But itīs to inconsistent and doesnt provide any real numbers.
03/24/15, 06:21 AM   #4
Toki

This seems like a pretty good start i would say (I personnally don't care about the dps during thrash)

Basically, it would be the dps of the entire group through the fight ?
03/24/15, 06:39 AM   #5
Garkin

Originally Posted by Toki View Post
This seems like a pretty good start i would say (I personnally don't care about the dps during thrash)

Basically, it would be the dps of the entire group through the fight ?
Not really, many times during the boss fight you have to kill adds. They won't be counted. It also means that it will be really difficult to tell how many percent of damage you did to the unit - combat log shows damage to all targets, not just to the unit you want. So this is not suitable for comparing your damage vs raid damage.
03/24/15, 06:51 AM   #6
Toki

You've said that, but you also said it would be possible to detect the change on only one boss so even if we switch on adds during fight, the incoming damage and/or dps all the group is doing to the boss (and the boss only) could be detected ?

This isn't much and i'm feeling that i could be seen as a pain in the ass (and i'm sorry) but, as you can see i'm really interested in the recount of all the group (individually at best)
03/24/15, 07:34 AM   #7
Garkin

Originally Posted by Toki View Post
You've said that, but you also said it would be possible to detect the change on only one boss so even if we switch on adds during fight, the incoming damage and/or dps all the group is doing to the boss (and the boss only) could be detected ?

This isn't much and i'm feeling that i could be seen as a pain in the ass (and i'm sorry) but, as you can see i'm really interested in the recount of all the group (individually at best)
Bosses have unique unitTags, so you can get all information about them at any time, it doesn't matter what you have in target - boss unit still exists.
If there is more then one boss, they all have unique unitTag ("boss1" - "boss6"). You can track health changes for each boss separately or you can sum HPs of all existing boss units the same way as it does boss bar (bar which covers compass during the encounter).
03/24/15, 08:00 AM   #8
Toki

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Criticize me senpai