View Poll Results: On wich server do you develop/fix your addons?
EU 16 57.14%
NA 12 42.86%
Both 0 0%
Neither 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

06/26/14, 02:17 PM   #1
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post Addon developers, are you on the NA Server, EU server or both?

I noticed that nobody (except garkin) updates thier addons before the EU server was updated (inlcuding some time for patching). So I have been wondering where the Addon Developers of ESOUI reside. On wich servers you usually write and debug your addons
06/26/14, 02:20 PM   #2
zgrssd
I used to be on both servers in the early days with the longer maintenances. But I stopped doing that and now only develop on the EU server where I have all my characters to test.
06/26/14, 02:43 PM   #3
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
My friends are US based so I automatically based my playtime on the US server. I still haven't got round to downloading the EU side to create characters there to test my addon on. But functionally it should work the same, at least my addon.

As soon as I see what type of stuff has changed I try and get a heads up early enough that I have a version ready before both servers receive the patch.
06/26/14, 02:44 PM   #4
SkOODaT

I create all mine on the live NA server but on patch days i jump over to PTR while thier patching to fix my addons, i had mine(11/12) done before NA was back up except for any addon that i don't know what they did to the API lol
06/26/14, 03:20 PM   #5
Garkin

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
I noticed that nobody (except garkin) updates thier addons before the EU server was updated (inlcuding some time for patching). So I have been wondering where the Addon Developers of ESOUI reside. On wich servers you usually write and debug your addons
I play on EU server, and my addons were updated after EU server was patched. But I have tested all my addons on PTS, so I had all updates ready for patch.
06/26/14, 04:19 PM   #6
zgrssd
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
My friends are US based so I automatically based my playtime on the US server. I still haven't got round to downloading the EU side to create characters there to test my addon on. But functionally it should work the same, at least my addon.
Before 1.2.3. I ran a binary comparision between EU and NA servers files. Aside from the 1 day difference and about 5 files that are not even 100 MiB in size they are absolutely identical.

So far they only did this seperation so they could patch them to different times.
06/26/14, 04:36 PM   #7
niocwy
Playing on EU, dev and testing on EU.
06/26/14, 08:13 PM   #8
mra4nii
I have characters on both, but play on EU. On NA i'm very low level an i can't use to test my addons entirely.
06/27/14, 02:30 AM   #9
farangkao

is there an european Guild for Addon Authors aswell?
06/27/14, 02:59 AM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yup. Same guild name, even. Just send me an in-game mail and I'll invite you the next time I'm on. @cairenn

Last edited by Cairenn : 06/27/14 at 03:53 AM.
06/27/14, 01:23 PM   #11
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
Before 1.2.3. I ran a binary comparision between EU and NA servers files. Aside from the 1 day difference and about 5 files that are not even 100 MiB in size they are absolutely identical.

So far they only did this seperation so they could patch them to different times.

Hmm I was wondering that. It was pretty similar with wow. I might see if I can just copy over the folder contents and run the patcher afterwards to add in the rest of the stuff it needs.
06/27/14, 02:53 PM   #12
zgrssd
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Hmm I was wondering that. It was pretty similar with wow. I might see if I can just copy over the folder contents and run the patcher afterwards to add in the rest of the stuff it needs.
Better copy only the *dat files. You may have to delete the non-dat files (they seem to contain buffered checksums or the like; if they don't match the client, patch and repair scan will fail).
Trying to speed up the patch by copying the gamefiels from NA client failed. It ended up increasing the time, I think. But back in beta a friend had success with something similar.
06/27/14, 08:36 PM   #13
katkat42
I'm on NA, but I have limited hours in which I can be online. I'm usually at my computer between about 7 and 10 or 11 PM CDT. This often includes email, news, webcomics, and Google+ in addition to add-on dev and playtime.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Addon developers, are you on the NA Server, EU server or both?