05/11/15, 07:21 PM   #1
blakbird

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
RedirectTexture doesn't work on Crown Store or some of the Help window

Absolutely none of the Crown Store window is affected by my texture swaps. For the help window, the radio buttons, category dropdown window, Next and Submit buttons and text entry windows are not affected by my reskin. They don't appear to use different textures than the other windows, buttons or dropdowns in the game.

Lua Code:
  1. local function Addon_Loaded(eventCode, addOnName)
  2.     if (addOnName == "CleanUI") then
  3.        RedirectTexture(hundreds of texture swaps here)            
  4.     end
  5. end
  7. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("CleanUI", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED, Addon_Loaded)

That is the code I use for my texture swaps. Is it the function I use that doesn't load the swaps for those windows or is it something in the game code that doesn't allow my texture swaps to affect them?
05/12/15, 01:35 AM   #2
Ayantir

don't try to modify the crown store please

each successful modification we could make in will result in a stronger security adition to prevent us this kind of thing.
05/12/15, 02:48 AM   #3
blakbird

I'm not trying to mod the Crown Store. I have replaced the buttons, window backgrounds, borders, etc. of all the windows in the game, but the Crown Store and part of the Help window are unaffected. I am curious as to why that is since it appears that they are using the textures I swapped out. I understand if there is code in place so that no aspect of the Crown Store can be changed, even though it's just texture swaps I'm doing. I figured that was the case. But, I don't know why the radio buttons and dropdown menus of the Help window aren't getting swapped out but the background is. Those same assets are swapped out everywhere else.
05/12/15, 03:18 AM   #4
votan

Originally Posted by blakbird View Post
But, I don't know why the radio buttons and dropdown menus of the Help window aren't getting swapped out but the background is. Those same assets are swapped out everywhere else.
Maybe because the Feedback/Help window is not really standard UI.
Everything except the loading label and the background panel is within a browser control.
So you probably can't change it. And I would not care, if your style is not applied there, because it is a window I hopefully never will open
05/12/15, 03:47 AM   #5
blakbird

And I would not care, if your style is not applied there, because it is a window I hopefully never will open
Hah! That's exactly what I was thinking. It just drives me crazy not knowing why certain assets don't get swapped when it seems they should. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
05/12/15, 03:44 PM   #6
Sasky
Originally Posted by blakbird View Post
Hah! That's exactly what I was thinking. It just drives me crazy not knowing why certain assets don't get swapped when it seems they should. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
The Crown Store is intended to be locked from any addon access, which is as it should be. Even textures -- both the images and buttons could be a rather large headache for ZOS. Consider if someone swapped textures so that the motif you thought you were getting was a wedding dress. Or if the Accept/Cancel buttons were reversed.

Aside from UI skinning, I can't think of a legitimate reason for altering the crown store menu. Even that, ZOS probably wants to have stick to the standard, official UI style so that it's more official when people spend money there.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » RedirectTexture doesn't work on Crown Store or some of the Help window