Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06/19/17, 02:45 PM   #1
randomsilliness
Camera settings presets - requesting feedback

What

I developed a tiny AddOn to quickly restore camera settings to a previously saved state. I'm wondering if people are interested in it, and what features you think you would actually USE. This is my first AddOn, and it'll never have the polish that many do. At the moment, it consists of 2 slash commands (for save and load), and nothing else.

Motivation

I often use Screenshot Helper to manipulate the camera before taking a screenshot. I also make camera position and sensitivity changes to simplify placement of housing decorations. However, there is no quick way to get back to the settings I like for general travel and combat. My AddOn solves that, although I find it kind of odd that I had to write one at all. It seems to me this feature should already exist elsewhere.

Next Steps

I'm just testing the water at this point. If there is serious interest, I would consider publishing it as is, and/or adding features for per-character, character-copy, or numbered save slots. If someone wants to take over and fully develop and support this feature, I'm happy to hand over the meager bit of code I have (works well).

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Camera settings presets - requesting feedback