05/28/16, 05:55 AM   #1
babylon
Addon to Auto Hide Minion 3 Advertisements

Hi there and thanks Minion for being awesome. Now that we have advertisements on Minion 3 that we can click shut if we choose (and I always choose), would someone mind making a Minion 3 addon that auto hides the advertisements that I and just about every other sentient creature will hide anyway? Would save us all a click, and I promise we won't tell the Minion advertisers we're all doing this...maybe also make it send back info that makes it appear we're sitting through their ads like good little zombies.

Cheers
05/28/16, 06:24 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think as long as it is not flashy or distracting it is fine.
That being said I wouldn't mind an option to permanently hide it for addon authors and premium users.
05/28/16, 07:09 AM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
The reason for the ad is because we need a way to support Minion development and the costs associated with hosting Minion/AddOns. We no longer have ZAM behind us.

Once we get a login system back and working (old system used ZAM's oauth) we can look at offering premium services to users and authors again.
05/28/16, 04:13 PM   #4
babylon
Awesome..I was thinking of authoring a mod at some point anyway (I've seen need for a couple of niche addon functions that nobody has done yet)...and how do you become a "premium user" anyway? Is there some kind of subscription (couldn't find anything to click anywhere on this site), or is it just by donating some money to some addon author?

A FAQ on this sort of thing might not go amiss
05/28/16, 04:38 PM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We had a premium user system with ZAM but since we split away from them we don't have one. I am working on something.
05/28/16, 04:58 PM   #6
babylon
Okay cheers, you guys have done a great job with this site and with Minion, so keep us posted

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Addon to Auto Hide Minion 3 Advertisements