01/30/18, 05:54 AM   #1
HowellQagan

Chat blacklist

I would like an addon with which you can add certain strings to a blacklist so messages containing those strings would not be shown (looking at you +dolmen, or certain guilds spamming their recruitments). There is an addon that does something similar, "CyrillicChatFilter" but since I have absolutely no idea how to write an addon, I could only change it so I can add strings to the lua file and then save and reload ingame instead of being able to add them in the game in the addons menu (especially useful if you want to blacklist guild names from recruitment messages). I don't want to block these people, just don't want to see their messages cluttering my chat window.

Thanks in advance if someone makes this.
01/30/18, 10:09 AM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
These two might be able to help some

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info571-SpamBam.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info5...hatFilter.html
01/31/18, 04:48 PM   #3
HowellQagan

Hi,

The first one does something different, the second one is a built-in function for pChat by Ayantir but these only hide the message if it comes from the same person. When there is at least 1 different person writing +dolmen in /z every 5 seconds, it's still not much of a solution
02/11/18, 10:48 AM   #4
HowellQagan

Exclamation

Still stands, I can maybe even offer some amount of donation in exchange for it.

What I would like is how CyrillicChatFilter works but the part that filters text (function CyrillicChatFilter) should go in a different file (a SavedVariable file maybe?) which could be basically modified by adding strings into a box in the Settings - Addon menu of the addon. Every line would be a different string the filter looks for in messages.

Please PM if you can do it.
02/11/18, 10:57 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I can maybe add this into my addon FCOChangeStuff but will take some time as the priority is on maintaining existing addons for the PTS.
Stay tuned, will write if I got a beta for you to test. Please don't bug me to get it quicker, you won't
02/14/18, 09:30 AM   #6
HowellQagan

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I can maybe add this into my addon FCOChangeStuff but will take some time as the priority is on maintaining existing addons for the PTS.
Stay tuned, will write if I got a beta for you to test. Please don't bug me to get it quicker, you won't
Thanks!

For now I just did what I mentioned previously. Copied the addon mentioned and placed the filtering part into a separate lua file and then just edit that file with new strings when as I see them spammed (guild recruitments...). I mean it works but it's really crude and annoying that I have to alt-tab.
02/21/18, 09:42 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Check my addon "FCOChangeStuff", I've added it in there.
-> Update is pending

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Chat blacklist