03/10/14, 03:29 PM   #1
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Shards

Looking for the correct event that fires when you gain a skyshard. EVENT_SKILL_RANK_UPDATE seems like it only would when you collect your third shard, but nothing else seems to directly reference that action. I think I could make EVENT_ACHIEVEMENTS_UPDATED work but if there is something else I may have missed I'd like to know.

P.S I really don't want to just monitor GetNumSkyShards and update it every frame. Wasteful for something that changes so little.
03/10/14, 03:56 PM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
I suspect, because I can't see anything else that would trap it in the events, that it is an interaction probably of type INTERACTION_HARVEST.

If it is then the only way to catch it is to test for it using the update routine like I did with my Gatherer addon.

I didn't come across any skyshards while I was testing it the other weekend so can't say for definite but it is my best guess.

Edit:
Although, EVENT_STATS_UPDATED sounds promising.

Last edited by Xrystal : 03/10/14 at 04:00 PM.
03/10/14, 04:08 PM   #3
Shinni
the esohead addon collects skyshards positions
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2-ESOHead.html
they do it via the update routine
"-- Listens for anything that is not event driven by the API but needs to be tracked"
is a comment for their update function, so i guess there is no event for skyshards.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Shards