03/16/17, 04:21 PM   #1
SteveCampsOut

Lightbulb Request: Auto Refine at Crafting Stations

With addons like Lazy Crafter out there automating writs and such, is there any chance someone can automate Refining mats?
03/16/17, 04:23 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is second-hand knowledge that someone had given me about time before I started but: people had automated it and there were botting bans issued.
03/16/17, 04:25 PM   #3
Dolgubon

I believe an auto refine addon already exists, but I can't remember which addon it is. Arch's Enhanced Crafting does make it easier to refine (excludes raw mats for which you don't have 10 of, in the refinement window)
03/16/17, 04:40 PM   #4
silvereyes

Doesn't DoItAll do that?
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8...ersupport.html
03/16/17, 06:09 PM   #5
SteveCampsOut

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
This is second-hand knowledge that someone had given me about time before I started but: people had automated it and there were botting bans issued.
Well I've never heard of any that did it, but they've automated filleting fish, Votan did that one. LazyCrafter automates Writs nearly completely as well as opening reward containers and extracting items from them. I don't see how an autorefine can't be crafted that doesn't trigger the autoban for spam.

Originally Posted by silvereyes View Post
I'll check that one out.
03/17/17, 04:37 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, DoItAll with FCOItemSaver support is able to refine all stuff at the refine panel at crafting stations with one click/keybind usage.

Supported crafting stations are:
Smithing
Clothing
Woodworking
Enchantment extraction

It's also able to send mails with automatically added attachments (until mail is full), and got some other features.
03/19/17, 12:05 AM   #7
iwontsay
Every action which changes the state of an item or converts items into new ones, including refining, crafting, improving items, deconstructing, putting to bank/pulling from bank is implemented as sending a request to the server to operate on the item.

The engine itself imposes an automatic kick if there are "too many" requests sent in "too short" a time. What counts as too many and too short is anyone's guess, but in the addon BankManagerRevived there is a limit of 90 items if the requests are sent with less than 100ms delay inbetween, and a message saying one has to wait for ten seconds before starting the next batch.

As far as I remember MultiCraft itself comes with a warning that if someone really overdoes it, that botting bans were issued. It may be slow enough to work its way around the automatic kick, but I guess refining more than 100 batches in one go (more than 1k of collected raw material) could be a risky proposition.

I myself do think, for a smooth operation, delay between subsequent requests should not be shorter than 100ms, or maybe even 1.5 times the ping time, whichever is lower, to ensure a safe round-trip of request/response, no more than, say, 90 requests should be sent in one batch and a 'guard time' of 15 seconds should be put between subsequent batches.

Beyond that, if someone still does process one batch after another, well, it's up to his discretion.
03/19/17, 04:24 PM   #8
Architecture

Red face

A little plug -- which kind of meets in the middle between manual and auto batch refine:

Arch's Enhanced Crafting (Addon)

This will at least do the following:
  1. Automatically hide mats that are not yet refineable (within the refine interface)
  2. Pre-select the refinement material to be refined on load and after each refinement
  3. Fixes crafting interface headaches that should have been in vanilla game
  4. And much more -- this can be used alongside DoItAll, Dolg's Lazy Writ Crafter, etc. (it compliments them very nicely)

All the best,
Arch

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Auto Refine at Crafting Stations