12/29/16, 01:10 PM   #1
Nilles
Question Inventory-organizer-Addon

Hello there,

i'm looking for a specific organization Addon.
Let's say i've got 3 pieces of a set and 5 of another set in my inventory(apparel) and a few other non-set items (neck, ring, head, etc.)
Normally all these things are listed alphabetically.
This specific addon should "group/organize" these items like this:
all pieces of the fist set are beneath each other (quality or name), all pieces of the second set are listed beneath each other (quality or name) and/or the non-set items are alphabetically/(or quality) listed or e.g. first all gloves, than all heads etc...

P.S.: rightnow, i use AF ( Advanced Filters) + specifically set-filter but all the other non-set items aren't shown...
I think the Addon SortIt is nearly fitting but there is no 'sort package set'....

Thanks
01/26/17, 12:08 AM   #2
Bazgrim
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure how ESO has their metadata for items listed, but if it's anything like WoW's item sets are normally itemset+1 for ID, would be fairly easy to organize the inventory by ID I would think. I haven't looked much into inventory API though.
01/26/17, 02:58 AM   #3
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by Bazgrim View Post
I'm not sure how ESO has their metadata for items listed, but if it's anything like WoW's item sets are normally itemset+1 for ID, would be fairly easy to organize the inventory by ID I would think. I haven't looked much into inventory API though.
I wish it was like that, but it isn't. Item IDs are pretty much random. There's a few patterns, but they are mostly inconsistent. On the other hand, there is a function GetItemLinkSetInfo(string itemLink, boolean equipped) that could be used.
01/26/17, 06:36 AM   #4
Bazgrim
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
I wish it was like that, but it isn't. Item IDs are pretty much random. There's a few patterns, but they are mostly inconsistent. On the other hand, there is a function GetItemLinkSetInfo(string itemLink, boolean equipped) that could be used.
Seems like a rather expensive way to do such a simple thing like organize set pieces in the inventory. Seems like ZOS has a IsItem...() call for everything except sets. I know they browse here, maybe they would consider adding a IsItemASet() function call for this sort of thing?
01/26/17, 11:50 AM   #5
Dolgubon

Seems like a rather expensive way to do such a simple thing like organize set pieces in the inventory. Seems like ZOS has a IsItem...() call for everything except sets. I know they browse here, maybe they would consider adding a IsItemASet() function call for this sort of thing?
I don't think it would be too expensive. Just sort the inventory alphabetically by set. There is a few extra steps, but it's still very little computationally. And having ZOS add the IsItemASet probably just shifts the problem.
01/26/17, 05:12 PM   #6
Randactyl
GetItemLinkSetInfo does what I presume you would want from IsItemASet

GetItemLinkSetInfo(string itemLink, boolean equipped)
Returns: boolean hasSet, string setName, number numBonuses, number numEquipped, number maxEquipped

local isSetItem = GetItemLinkSetInfo(...)

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Inventory-organizer-Addon