02/06/17, 03:09 PM   #1
Devolus
2.7 LUA Error

I'm getting this LUA error when pressing "E" to use/deposit/withdraw items:
Lua Code:
  1. EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1020: attempt to access a private function 'UseItem' from insecure code
  2. stack traceback:
  3.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1020: in function 'TryUseItem'
  4.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1201: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
  5.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions:DoPrimaryAction'
  6.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/ItemSlotActionController.lua:31: in function 'callback'
  7.     EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:614: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:TryHandlingKeybindDown'
  8.     (tail call): ?
  9.     (tail call): ?

Normally when something like this happens, I can just right click an item and use it from the menu. Tried that approach and got this error:
Lua Code:
  1. EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1020: attempt to access a private function 'UseItem' from insecure code
  2. stack traceback:
  4.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1201: in function 'OnSelect'
  5.     EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ContextMenus/ZO_ContextMenus.lua:419: in function 'ZO_Menu_ClickItem'
  6.     ZO_MenuItem1_MouseUp:4: in function '(main chunk)'

Tried to double-click and receive this one:
Lua Code:
  2. stack traceback:
  4.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1201: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
  5.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions:DoPrimaryAction'
  6.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1767: in function 'ZO_InventorySlot_DoPrimaryAction'
  7.     ZO_PlayerInventoryList1Row14_MouseDoubleClick:4: in function '(main chunk)'

I was not receiving this error yesterday, prior to the update. I updated all addons that had available updates.

Turned off my addons one by one and found out it is Inventory Grid View causing the issue. I turned it back on and toggled the option to change between default inventory and the grid inventory. Error only occurs when the grid view is enabled. Anyone familiar with how to go about fixing this?
02/07/17, 09:15 PM   #2
Phinix

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't use Inventory Grid View and it is happening to me also.

It is totally random. Sometimes disabling an addon works just because it involves reloading the UI. But reloading the UI doesn't always fix this.

Still trying to track it down but health issues are an obstacle...
02/07/17, 09:44 PM   #3
BigM

Originally Posted by Devolus View Post
I'm getting this LUA error when pressing "E" to use/deposit/withdraw items:
Lua Code:
  2. stack traceback:
  6.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/ItemSlotActionController.lua:31: in function 'callback'
  7.     EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:614: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:TryHandlingKeybindDown'
  8.     (tail call): ?
  9.     (tail call): ?

Normally when something like this happens, I can just right click an item and use it from the menu. Tried that approach and got this error:
Lua Code:
  2. stack traceback:
  4.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1201: in function 'OnSelect'
  5.     EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ContextMenus/ZO_ContextMenus.lua:419: in function 'ZO_Menu_ClickItem'
  6.     ZO_MenuItem1_MouseUp:4: in function '(main chunk)'

Tried to double-click and receive this one:
Lua Code:
  2. stack traceback:
  6.     EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1767: in function 'ZO_InventorySlot_DoPrimaryAction'
  7.     ZO_PlayerInventoryList1Row14_MouseDoubleClick:4: in function '(main chunk)'

I was not receiving this error yesterday, prior to the update. I updated all addons that had available updates.

Turned off my addons one by one and found out it is Inventory Grid View causing the issue. I turned it back on and toggled the option to change between default inventory and the grid inventory. Error only occurs when the grid view is enabled. Anyone familiar with how to go about fixing this?
I deleted easy frame in my addons directory and errors went away and allows me to use E in inventory! Nevermind, easy frame working good, it's http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info6...yGridView.html like everyone knew but me. LOL

Last edited by BigM : 02/07/17 at 11:43 PM.
02/07/17, 10:32 PM   #4
Rhyono
I'm having trouble deleting mail; let's me get to the confirmation window then I press E, it acts like it took and then doesn't delete mail. Reloading didn't solve it; I'll have to relog to fix it. No errors.
03/05/17, 05:29 AM   #5
heaven13
Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
I don't use Inventory Grid View and it is happening to me also.

It is totally random. Sometimes disabling an addon works just because it involves reloading the UI. But reloading the UI doesn't always fix this.

Still trying to track it down but health issues are an obstacle...
I also do not use Inventory Grid and am getting this as well. The only two addons I have that have not been updated are Research Assistant and Research Grid. I'm not sure if it's "fixed" by disabling them (since it does work with them enabled sometimes) or if it's just the matter of reloading the UI that resets it for awhile.
03/05/17, 10:09 AM   #6
Rhyono
Originally Posted by heaven13 View Post
I have that have not been updated are Research Assistant and Research Grid.
I'd say with near certainty that it is Research Assistant. Addons that make modifications to the bag items are the ones that typically result in "UseItem" issues because there's where you tend to use items from. Particularly, using modified items should cause the issue.
03/05/17, 02:29 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'm using Research Assistant and it is not cuasing any errors for me since weeks.
The problem is any addon that overwrites a standard function and ResearchAssistant doesn't do this afaik.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » 2.7 LUA Error