04/18/18, 03:16 PM   #1
Ghamarro
Azurah doesn't remember any changes I make

Hiya,

I'm a long time user of the Azurah addon, but since it hasn't been updated in a long time, I have been running into some major problems. I'm assuming this addon isn't maintained anymore since it has been 6 months since the last update, and thus I have already all but given up hope and am now looking for an alternative to let me move the vanilla UI elements around, if such a thing even exists. All tips are welcome.

That is, unless someone can help me with my problems somehow. Any setting I change or any element I move isn't saved and everything always resets to default settings upon next reload / relogin. I tried messing around with the default settings in the text files but to no avail. The only thing I was able to get working was changing the size of some of the elements by fiddling around with some numbers in there.
04/19/18, 08:00 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Does this only apply Azurah or also other addons?
Check your files UserSettings.txt and AddOnSettings.txt if they are read only.
Check your SavedVariables folder if it's read only.
Check if the file Azurah.lua is given and not read-only within the SavedVariables folder.

>You need to be loggedout before!!!
Delete the whole addon and reinstall it.
Rename or delete the Azurah SavedVars file and setup Azurah new.

The files and folders are normally somewhere here:
c:\users\your windows user name\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\

Don't put the addons to the OneDrive of Windows if you use it (check the forum here about this issue).
04/19/18, 10:49 AM   #3
Ghamarro
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Does this only apply Azurah or also other addons?
Check your files UserSettings.txt and AddOnSettings.txt if they are read only.
Check your SavedVariables folder if it's read only.
Check if the file Azurah.lua is given and not read-only within the SavedVariables folder.

>You need to be loggedout before!!!
Delete the whole addon and reinstall it.
Rename or delete the Azurah SavedVars file and setup Azurah new.

The files and folders are normally somewhere here:
c:\users\your windows user name\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\

Don't put the addons to the OneDrive of Windows if you use it (check the forum here about this issue).
This problem doesn't effect any other addon I use, outdated or not, only Azurah.

None of those folders or files you mentioned are write-protected. All of the rules are chekced as "allow" in the "protection" tab when I look at their properties, save for something called "special privlidges" but that isn't enabled on any file anywhere in my system by default.

I have tried deleting the Azurah folder from within the AddOns folder along with the Azurah.lua file inside the SavedVariables folder, and then reinstalling Azurah completely from a clean slate, but to no avail.

I tried logging out aswell as quitting the game straight up and also using the /reloadui but all of them made Azurah always reset everything to defaults.

I don't use OneDrive at all, for anything, ever.

Just as a side note I t hought I'd mention that my 1TB SSD is partitioned into C for system and vital programs and D for everything else, including games, so I just started wondering could that affect this situation in any way? The AddOns folder and whatnots are created by default on the C drive in the user files folder like you said, but my game client is installed on D, along with all other games. No other addon is affected by this, however.
04/19/18, 02:09 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
No, my game client is on another drive's 3rd partiton as well and the addons + savedvrs just work fine.

Change the addons used ingame in the addon manager, do a reloadui and logout.
Search on all drives for the file AddOnSettings.txt and check it's last change date and time (must be the time you logged out ca.).
Maybe the game somehow saves the infos about the addon Azurah to a wrong folder or you deleted the wrong Azurah addon if there are multiples.
Not sure how this might happen, without using OneDrive, though.

If this is not helping I cannot think of any other reason. Somehow the game is not able to save the Azurah data then for you.,
What if you disable ALL other addons except Azurah. Does it work then? Maybe anyother addon is the culprit somehow.
Enable the addons from before one after another and test which is causing the problem.
04/20/18, 04:42 PM   #5
Ghamarro
No, my game client is on another drive's 3rd partiton as well and the addons + savedvrs just work fine.

Change the addons used ingame in the addon manager, do a reloadui and logout.
Search on all drives for the file AddOnSettings.txt and check it's last change date and time (must be the time you logged out ca.).
Maybe the game somehow saves the infos about the addon Azurah to a wrong folder or you deleted the wrong Azurah addon if there are multiples.
Not sure how this might happen, without using OneDrive, though.

If this is not helping I cannot think of any other reason. Somehow the game is not able to save the Azurah data then for you.,
What if you disable ALL other addons except Azurah. Does it work then? Maybe anyother addon is the culprit somehow.
Enable the addons from before one after another and test which is causing the problem.
Ok, there is something really weird going on right now. Today when I logged into the game, Azurah remembered all the settings changes I had made the last time I played before I logged off. I know it couldn't have been me deleting the addon and reinstalling it from a clean slate since I did that ways before I even started this thread and it didn't work. I also searched the entire hard drive, both partitions, and there were no duplicates of the addon files or of the settings files anywhere. I also checked the last modified date and time of those files and it corresponds with the time of me logging off. What on earth could have made this change happen? I literally did not do anything else except check the files for write-protection like you told me. I didn't touch any settings anywhere. I didn't even get to trying disabling any other addons yet. One problem still remains, though, and that is that upon every /reloadui, whether triggered manually by me or by changing some addon setting that requires a reload, Azurah still reverts everything back to derfaults. I can get around that by changing all the other reload-requiring settings first and then configuring Azurah the way I want, but I'm just wondering if you have any idea what that could be all about?
04/22/18, 05:02 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
No, this sounds strange and not like the standard game's addon save methods.

Either Azurah got a but within saving which reset the settings somehow and you need to contact the dev or write about it (how to detect and rebuild this bug) in the addon comments then please.

Or it's something with your game's client which does not work properly.

Azurah seems to save to the global variable "AzurahDB". Maybe some other addon impacts this somehow.
What if you enable just 2 addons (Azurah and another one) and test if the same happens. Maybe another addon is grabbing into the Azurah namespace of global variables and changing the settings (overwritign or resetting them). Test Azurah with other addons which start with A e.g.
04/22/18, 07:50 AM   #7
manavortex

Are you by chance running two accounts from the same windows user account? Because in that case the first one hogs the file and the second one can't write.
04/25/18, 10:46 PM   #8
Ghamarro
Originally Posted by manavortex View Post
Are you by chance running two accounts from the same windows user account? Because in that case the first one hogs the file and the second one can't write.
The only Windows user account I or anyone uses is the default admin and the only one who plays TESO on this computer is me and I only have and use one TESO account, so no.
04/25/18, 10:54 PM   #9
Ghamarro
No, this sounds strange and not like the standard game's addon save methods.

Either Azurah got a but within saving which reset the settings somehow and you need to contact the dev or write about it (how to detect and rebuild this bug) in the addon comments then please.

Or it's something with your game's client which does not work properly.

Azurah seems to save to the global variable "AzurahDB". Maybe some other addon impacts this somehow.
What if you enable just 2 addons (Azurah and another one) and test if the same happens. Maybe another addon is grabbing into the Azurah namespace of global variables and changing the settings (overwritign or resetting them). Test Azurah with other addons which start with A e.g.
I have already filed a bug report on this site and even sent a PM to the creator, but neither one has had any reply to them.

The problem came back today morning about 15 min ago when I logged back in for the first time today. The only things I changed before logging in was the shadow quality from ultra to high, maximum particles from 2048 to 1024, and I installed a new addon called Urich's Skill Point Finder. And boom, I'm back to square one again. I logged out at 7:39 and the last write time for both the UserSettings.txt and Azurah.lua files is 7:39, so they definitely are not write-protected anyhow.

EDIT1: I just checked if ALL the settings are reseted and not just specific ones, and it seems the that some are and some are not. I changed "Hide Compass Pin Text" from OFF to ON and it remembered that, but all the UI elements that I try to move around it forgets and resets them back to default positions.

EDIT2: Ok, I tried disabling other addons and seems like the culprit is Advanced UI. It has a module management tool that I used to disable the "Frame Mover" module so that it wouldn't cause any conflicts with Azurah, but apparently it wasn't enough. I found an "AUI fix for Clockwork City" version of the addon on this site, from a different maker though, and installed it and now it works perfectly with Azurah, and all the elements stay where I put them, given that "Frame Mover" module is disabled.

Last edited by Ghamarro : 04/25/18 at 11:31 PM.
04/27/18, 09:55 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Glad you got it to work.
Best way to check if the addon is broken or others are is to disable all other addons and test what happens then.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Azurah doesn't remember any changes I make