09/02/14, 05:14 AM   #1
arnnie
Esoui error in c:/mydocuments/teso/liveeu/logs

Hello everybody,

I use to have an interface error message in my logs folder in my documents/teso.

i am posting here the message:

014-09-02T12:50:20.550+01:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/App/LoadingScreen/LoadingScreen.lua:116: table index is nil
stack traceback:
EsoUI/App/LoadingScreen/LoadingScreen.lua:116: in function 'GetOrCreateKeyEdgefile'
EsoUI/App/LoadingScreen/LoadingScreen.lua:132: in function 'ZO_LoadingScreenZoneDesc_OnNewUserAreaCreated'
4493392516811981881:3: in function '(main chunk)'|r
2014-09-02T12:50:20.550+01:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/App/LoadingScreen/LoadingScreen.lua:116: table index is nil
stack traceback:
EsoUI/App/LoadingScreen/LoadingScreen.lua:116: in function 'GetOrCreateKeyEdgefile'
EsoUI/App/LoadingScreen/LoadingScreen.lua:132: in function 'ZO_LoadingScreenZoneDesc_OnNewUserAreaCreated'

it keep coming even after a new installation of the game and on my two computers. How can i get rid of that? i am using no add-ons for the moment and the message appear after some random logins in the game. I know i ve used some add-ons two month ago but don't remember which one apart from foundry tactical combat, skyshards, wykkyd and some others.

Help would be greatly appreciated because i am trying to get rid of all add-on traces to troubleshoot a performance problem.

Thank you very much indeed!

Arnnie
09/02/14, 06:46 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by arnnie View Post
Hello everybody,

I use to have an interface error message in my logs folder in my documents/teso.

i am posting here the message:

014-09-02T12:50:20.550+01:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/App/LoadingScreen/LoadingScreen.lua:116: table index is nil
stack traceback:
2014-09-02T12:50:20.550+01:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/App/LoadingScreen/LoadingScreen.lua:116: table index is nil
stack traceback:

it keep coming even after a new installation of the game and on my two computers. How can i get rid of that? i am using no add-ons for the moment and the message appear after some random logins in the game. I know i ve used some add-ons two month ago but don't remember which one apart from foundry tactical combat, skyshards, wykkyd and some others.

Help would be greatly appreciated because i am trying to get rid of all add-on traces to troubleshoot a performance problem.

Thank you very much indeed!

Arnnie
You have mentioned that you have deleted all addons, correct? Did you also delete all saved variables (~Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\SavedVariables)? It might help.

It seems that this line of code doesn't work:
Lua Code:
  1. local keyEdgeFile = next(g_keyEdgefileFreeList) or GetWindowManager():CreateControlFromVirtual("", LoadingScreenZoneZoneInfoContainerName, "ZO_LoadingScreen_KeyBackdrop")
For some reason window manager can't create a new control from the template (control with the same name already exists?).

If you are experiencing the same issue even after you delete all addons and saved variables, you should probably contact ZOS' customer support.
09/02/14, 08:51 AM   #3
arnnie
Hi,

Thank you very much for this precision Garkin. I will now contact Teso customer support and yes it happened also after i completely removed the savedvariables folder.

I don't think customer support will help me with this error problem but it is worth a try.

Thanks anyway!
09/04/14, 04:25 PM   #4
mctaylor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post repair game files

Originally Posted by arnnie View Post
Hi,

Thank you very much for this precision Garkin. I will now contact Teso customer support and yes it happened also after i completely removed the savedvariables folder.
They will most likely tell you to follow these instructions: How do I repair the game files for The Elder Scrolls Online?.

Otherwise try manually recreating the folders themselves (empty should be okay).

SavedVariables and Addons.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Esoui error in c:/mydocuments/teso/liveeu/logs