05/27/14, 03:02 PM   #1
lyravega
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
RedirectTexture()

Hello. I am trying to use this function, "RedirectTexture()" to replace the quest offer icons.

Code:
RedirectTexture("/esoui/art/compass/quest_available_icon.dds", "/esoui/art/guild/tabicon_roster_down.dds")
Basically, if you run the function above, you MAY notice that quest offer icons now look like scrolls, which suits me much, much more. However, if you enter the game at a time that these icons are hidden, they will never get replaced unless a ReloadUI() is done.

Now, this part kinda puzzles me. I mean, I was expecting that to not work when they are invisible, however when you get into a few quests' range, even though that same thing runs over and over, it will not change the texture. A manual entry with will not change it as well. Either player has to start within range of these stuff, or they need to ReloadUI(), and I really don't understand it.

Any clues?
05/29/14, 01:34 AM   #2
zamalek
Try forcing the texture to load first (by creating and then hiding a UI element that contains the texture you are replacing).
05/29/14, 02:19 AM   #3
lyravega
Aha, very nice idea!
05/29/14, 03:09 AM   #4
lyravega
And works like a charm (tested just a little, but the problematic part is gone now )

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » RedirectTexture()