01/12/17, 03:57 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
can we apply the hide out of combat settings to buffs ?

This is more a question than a request.
My ui out of combat is quite clean, and i love seeing the screen that way, but --of course there is always a but-- i have 2 or 3 littles icons for timer buffs that are always there.

Could it be possible to set those buffs to follow the same rule as our player or /and target frame ?

is this possible ?

THank you
01/12/17, 06:25 PM   #2
Ayantir

If this icons is added from an addon, it has to be done by the author of the addon.
If it come from the base UI, just tell us which one, and/or try some addons such ask azurah or other UI immersion cleaner.
01/12/17, 08:16 PM   #3
Anceane

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
If this icons is added from an addon, it has to be done by the author of the addon.
If it come from the base UI, just tell us which one, and/or try some addons such ask azurah or other UI immersion cleaner.
Thank you for the quick answer

I know the author of the addon i use for my buffs is kinda mia for the moment. (AUI - several months without news from the two authors, and unfortunatly some bugs appeared)

EDIT : i went and downloaded Immersion Toggle, and after some research and testing, this addon works well with AUI and allow me to hide my buffs out of combat )

Thank you again for making me discover this.
Now another question : the libaddonmenu is version 19 in this addon. Should i replace it by the last version ? (23)

Last edited by Anceane : 01/12/17 at 08:34 PM.
01/13/17, 02:30 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You can manually do this locally for your addon, yes.
But if other libAddonMenu using addons are active the newest version will be loaded.

Check the addon Votan's Settings Menu. It allows you to bind a key to open the last edited addon settings, or add a button to the main menu at the top (if the inventory is open e.g.) to show the last addons ettings.

It also is able to control your lua memory used (currently + increase/decrease maximum) and shows you the loaded libraries + versions in the addon's settings.
01/14/17, 12:34 PM   #5
Anceane

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
You can manually do this locally for your addon, yes.
But if other libAddonMenu using addons are active the newest version will be loaded.

Check the addon Votan's Settings Menu. It allows you to bind a key to open the last edited addon settings, or add a button to the main menu at the top (if the inventory is open e.g.) to show the last addons ettings.

It also is able to control your lua memory used (currently + increase/decrease maximum) and shows you the loaded libraries + versions in the addon's settings.
Thank you i will check that Votan addon (i use some from the author already).

Ok now the noob i am have some question concerning our libs : basically each addons have a libaddonmenu and some others in their directory. The game will use the most recent you said, so its perfect. But all the others outdated libs are still loaded ? Then why we dont have the lib as a standalone ? its that bad ? or more complicated to do for the addons's author ?
(very old player from WoW years ago, when we had so many libs as standalone :P)
01/15/17, 04:33 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Standalone libraries exist and would work but most users don't know what a libeary does or how an addon works.

This would end in confusion and non working addons as a library was forgotten to be manually istalled :-(
Eso and minion aren't able to preload or automatically dl them.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » can we apply the hide out of combat settings to buffs ?