01/26/17, 12:54 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can we differentiate helmet armor and cosmetic hats ?

will try to explain correctly.

With the gameplay toggle option i can choose to show my helmet and or cosmetic hat with the toggle.

Lets say i show a cosmetic hat. And below i have one of those new hair style.
If i use the toggle gameplay, it will remove the cosmetic hat, but then you will immediatly see the hideous armor helmet.

Is there a way to hide permanently the armor helmet, and to use a toggle or a keybind to show either the cosmetic hat or you new hair style without having to open the gameplay option again ?

Yes i know, its all for roleplay purpose, but well i cant help me with that

As always, if its not possible, then no worry, i will just manage it as i do know

Thank you
01/27/17, 08:36 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I guess its to internally in the game and you should contact ZOs via /bug report to change the visuals.
01/27/17, 12:13 PM   #3
votan

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I guess its to internally in the game and you should contact ZOs via /bug report to change the visuals.
I think Anceane is talking about showing helmet as soon as a hat collectible is activated and hide the helmet again as soon as no such collectible is active to show the hair.

All you need:
Lua Code:
  1. local function CheckHelmet()
  2.     SetSetting(SETTING_TYPE_IN_WORLD, IN_WORLD_UI_SETTING_HIDE_HELM, GetActiveCollectibleByType(COLLECTIBLE_CATEGORY_TYPE_HAT) == 0 and "1" or "0")
  3. end
  5. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("NO_HELMET", EVENT_COLLECTIBLE_UPDATED, CheckHelmet)
  6. CheckHelmet()

Last edited by votan : 01/27/17 at 01:17 PM.
01/27/17, 03:38 PM   #4
Anceane

wow thank you both!

And yes Votan, tried to explain it but seems my english need still a lot of improvement.

Thank you!
01/28/17, 02:44 AM   #5
Anceane

Just wanted to say again thank you, but .... after some hours trying to understand how to create something with that or to add it to something existant, ..... i must admit i am the worst for LUA. I can work my way to modify transparency, font, and that kind of stuff but i am no way able to go further.

So just wanted to say i hope you did not expect to see something created by me, i tried but no way. So i will just continue the old way, open the options gameplay and check/uncheck the helmet lol.

Thank you though for trying to hep me.
And no i am not asking you to do something. Nor anyone else. I can really deal with the basic toggle.

Originally Posted by votan View Post
I think Anceane is talking about showing helmet as soon as a hat collectible is activated and hide the helmet again as soon as no such collectible is active to show the hair.

All you need:
Lua Code:
  1. local function CheckHelmet()
  2.     SetSetting(SETTING_TYPE_IN_WORLD, IN_WORLD_UI_SETTING_HIDE_HELM, GetActiveCollectibleByType(COLLECTIBLE_CATEGORY_TYPE_HAT) == 0 and "1" or "0")
  3. end
  5. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("NO_HELMET", EVENT_COLLECTIBLE_UPDATED, CheckHelmet)
  6. CheckHelmet()
01/28/17, 06:29 AM   #6
votan

For you

Without zo_callLater you do not see the helmet for split a second, but the avatar chops.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NoHelmet_v1.0.0.zip (918 Bytes, 184 views)
01/28/17, 10:18 AM   #7
Anceane

Originally Posted by votan View Post
For you

Without zo_callLater you do not see the helmet for split a second, but the avatar chops.
WOW really!!?? the old french lady is speachless .... but feel so happy. I really was not expecting anything, so the surprise is bigger
Thank you, i know you all do a lot and i see you are very busy too

I will not forget that.

Thank you

Edit : its so perfect!!!!!!! oh la la ......

Last edited by Anceane : 01/28/17 at 10:22 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Can we differentiate helmet armor and cosmetic hats ?