01/25/16, 07:28 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] GetNumUIReloads

Please consider adding a method that returns how often the UI has reloaded since engine start or some other way to reliably determine if the UI has been reloaded instead of freshly started after character selection.

01/25/16, 01:31 PM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
We can supply an event that gets fired at the same time as PLAYER_ACTIVATED that only happens when it's loading into the game from pregame, and never on a reload. Is that fine?

01/25/16, 01:53 PM   #3
sirinsidiator

I plan to use it so I can automatically pull up the last opened panel in LibAddonsMenu after a reloadui was issued to apply some settings that cannot be set without one.
I guess I could make it work with some callLater magic, but I think it would be more straight forward if I get the event on UI reload instead of game start. Maybe you can add 2 different events for both cases? I can think of at least one other feature I want to implement that would need the event on first load.

EDIT: Or maybe you could change EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED so it passes a parameter which can be used to identify the reason for the event (game start, ui reload, zone change, etc).

Last edited by sirinsidiator : 01/25/16 at 01:57 PM.

01/25/16, 01:56 PM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
How about I add a parameter to the PLAYER_ACTIVATED event indicating if it's the initial load or not.

01/25/16, 02:06 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

Lol. Didn't see your message when I edited mine. Yes, that would be perfectly fine.

02/02/16, 05:37 PM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
This is done internally.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] GetNumUIReloads