07/28/15, 08:30 AM   #1
Atheos
Question Minion and Windows 10

Heeey!

I'd like to start off by saying THANK YOU for this wonderful program, it's so useful and it saves a lot of time! Kudos!
To business! I was wondering if anyone know how Minion will behave on Windows 10, which releases tomorrow. I've seen some players with the Windows 10 Preview (beta) version experiencing issues, and I've been wondering if those has been fixed yet.
So, what do you guys think? Is Minion ready for Windows 10?
07/30/15, 08:48 PM   #2
m4y0219
I have been having a bit of an issue with it since I have installed Windows 10. Mostly I am not seeing ESO display in the left pane.
07/30/15, 09:05 PM   #3
m4y0219
Figured it out. If anyone else needs to know how to fix this issue. Right click the desktop app > Click Properties > Compatibility > Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8. I also Clicked the check box to run the program as admin.
08/03/15, 04:49 AM   #4
shadowarrior
I had been trying to run Minion after upgrading to Win10. It ran fine in Win8 but for Win10 the app would load in the process explorer for a second, then disappear.

I have tried running it with admin rights both with win8 as well as win7 compatibility, still no go.
Couldn't find any xml or minion logs, but did find hs_err_pid log

Warning: Spoiler

Last edited by shadowarrior : 08/03/15 at 05:20 AM.
08/03/15, 03:47 PM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Minion is working fine on Windows 10 here with out any changes to admin rights or compatibility settings. I have 1 desktop, 1 old laptop and 2 (32bit & 64bit) development virtual machines now running 10.

I'm guessing maybe upgrading to windows 10 also upgraded your antivirus or malware and maybe it's halting Minion? The windows firewall I think was upgraded in 10 and maybe it's blocking minion? The minion0.log would give me some hints.

So you don't see the .minion folder? Are you just unsure of the location? If you upgraded to windows 10 it shouldn't have been deleted so it should be there.

Last edited by Dolby : 08/03/15 at 05:23 PM.
08/03/15, 05:30 PM   #6
shadowarrior
Hi Dolby,

Thanks for your reply. You are right, I kept looking in the install directory in Appdata and forgot about the .minion folder under <users>.

Here are the logs:

Minion7.log

minion.xml

There is also a minion7.log.lck file with 0KB.

Cheers.
08/07/15, 08:00 PM   #7
Arterion
Working fine here.
08/11/15, 06:49 AM   #8
McJoker

...it was working...

Well, as the title says, Minion was working fine, however it's been having problems connecting (mostly) and when I could connect it wouldn't find the addons. The latter may be fixed, looks like an update caused the default save folders to reset...won't know until I can connect again.

Security: KIS 2016 (was also running for the entire Windows 10 period)
Windows Defender and Firewall turned off, however I had added Minion to the Windows 10 Firewall exception prior to turning it off (KIS handles firewall).

The only major change I've done is blacklist 9gag.com for my entire network (have my reasons, and that will not change). Shouldn't be an issue, as 9gag.com is neither mmoui.com nor esoui.com.

The minion.xml is a copy, as I edited out my email, other than that it's unchanged, and I've already deleted the copy from the folder, to prevent issues.

So...I tested something that shouldn't have been an issue. When my blacklist filter is active, Minion can't connect...even though the ONLY thing blacklisted is 9gag.com. When it's deactivated, Minion connects just fine. The blacklist filter is activated/deactivated through connection profiles (unlimited and standard) the only difference between the two profiles is the blacklist with 9gag.com on it.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion - Copy.xml (5.5 KB, 640 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (2.3 KB, 637 views)

Last edited by McJoker : 08/11/15 at 07:03 AM.
08/20/15, 01:53 PM   #9
SlimD
Hi! sorry for my poor Engligh, my minion doesn't work, when i launch it nothing happen , i try every thing uninstall reinstall, firewall and windows defender nothing is working !!
Attached Files
File Type: log minion0.log (2.2 KB, 645 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (534 Bytes, 620 views)

Last edited by SlimD : 08/20/15 at 02:17 PM.
10/11/15, 10:36 PM   #10
Dirtboat
Win 10 upgrade and Minion

I too am having problems getting Minion to run under Windows 10. It failed immediately after my recent upgrade.
I've tried all of the compatability, administrator options and disabled my anti-virus with no success.

I REALLY miss this program and hope to find a cure.

I'm using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit.

Thanx

----------------
New info. I just ran "Autoruns" from sysinternals.com and it reports that WOW64.dll, WOW64cpu.dll and WOW64win.dll are all missing even though sfc reports no errors. If I understand it correctly these are required to run 32 bit (Minion) programs. Anyone else seen this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion.bmp
Views:	929
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	633  
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (534 Bytes, 614 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (2.2 KB, 687 views)

Last edited by Dirtboat : 10/17/15 at 03:28 PM.
10/23/15, 10:21 PM   #11
Bonehead
Minion runs minimized

I have Windows 10 and 2 monitors. Minions starts and stays in taskbar, can't expand it. When I move the cursor over the icon in taskbar i see it is checking for updates. Is there any way to change the update settings in one of the folders to automatic updates? I don't mind if I don't see the UI as long as it updates my add-ons.
01/08/16, 02:32 AM   #12
Kuanny1990
Same Problem

I am experiencing the same problem as well, the load page of minion is incomplete let alone any scanning.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (3.0 KB, 624 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (47.9 KB, 620 views)

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion and Windows 10