10/24/16, 01:32 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Updated addons and savedvariable question

When you update an addon should we remove the savedvariable and start from fresh ?

i dont use minion i do my installations mysellf, but i often wonder if for some addons like Destinations, Lorebooks, Mininap when you do lots of changes into your LUA files, can we keep our savedvariables files or the new version of the addon will just adapt the savedvariables itself ?

Thank you
10/24/16, 09:55 PM   #2
Scootworks

normally you don't have to delete the savedvariables file. the add-on authors will write it into Change-log or add-on description, if you have to do it.
10/25/16, 01:43 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
We are able to push a new SavedVariables file content by updating the savedvars versioning inside the addons. This will force the game to build new saved variables.

This should be done in rare cases as normally the saved vars won't get corrupted during addon updates.
Check the addon comments and changelog to see if you need to delete the saved vars by your own.
Somtimes it is necessary
10/25/16, 02:37 AM   #4
Anceane

Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
normally you don't have to delete the savedvariables file. the add-on authors will write it into Change-log or add-on description, if you have to do it.
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
We are able to push a new SavedVariables file content by updating the savedvars versioning inside the addons. This will force the game to build new saved variables.

This should be done in rare cases as normally the saved vars won't get corrupted during addon updates.
Check the addon comments and changelog to see if you need to delete the saved vars by your own.
Somtimes it is necessary
Thank you both !!

Now i understand better how that works even

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Updated addons and savedvariable question