05/28/18, 01:39 PM   #1
mizrolist
Question Old bug resurfaced

I have three characters, and I use the same addon setup for all of them. 2 of them are fairly new (started them in February), but the third, my main, exists since the release. I have a persistent and old bug with her, and I can't get rid of it. It's a known old bug - I want to use items from my bag, or withdraw from the bank, or deposit to the bank, and it's only possible through the right-click context menu.

I have two error messages:

Warning: Spoiler

I've tried to find information about the error messages, and all I found are threads 1 year ago which describes it as a bug with InventoryGridView and Awesome Guild Store (and Inventory Insight, but I don't use that). I didn't use Awesome Guild Store until this March, and I still have the bug with InventoryGridView disabled. Since only my oldest toon has this problem, I think some kind of corrupted SavedVariables setting can cause it, but deleting InventoryGridView's SV file, and completely reinstalling it didn't help - so it is an other addon which causes the errors. I understood that it's a problem with the bag frame hooks, but I couldn't find out yet which one does it.

My addon list:

05/31/18, 09:32 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi. I am aware that this happens when you open the craft bag in AwesomeGuildStore before you open the inventory. The reason is that the ZO_ItemSlotActionsController which handles the keybind actions is instantiated only when the function UpdateMouseoverCommand in inventoryslot.lua is called for the first time. This happens for example when I call
Lua Code:
  1. SCENE_MANAGER:RemoveFragment(INVENTORY_FRAGMENT)
when the craft bag button is pressed.

So far I haven't found a solution that avoids this issue, but I'll keep looking. If ZOS could just instantiated the controller directly on load, it would fix the problem not just for AGS, but for other addons that may trigger the same behavior.
05/31/18, 01:03 PM   #3
mizrolist
I definitely didn't open the craftbag in AGS, so that could not be the problem. But you gave me an idea: if I open my bag and craftbag right after logging in, I should be good for the session, right?
05/31/18, 02:12 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For this particular case you'd just need to open the inventory and mouse over any of the items in there. Thanks to votan and shinni I found a solution that will do that for you, meaning as long as you use the next version of AGS you won't have to do that manually. The addon will initialize the inventory for you when the game loads.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Old bug resurfaced