Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11/13/14, 01:23 AM   #1
BigMons

"Find More" search box is nearly unresponsive

I'm very surprised that I can't find a thread about this already. Maybe it's just my installation, I don't know. Whenever I try to use Minion to find new addons, specifically addons that I already have found I just need to install them through Minion, I type the addon name in the search box under the "Find More" tab. When I type in that search box, I think it's searching in real-time as I type. Each letter that I type takes several seconds to show up in the box. It's very slow at responding. Why can't I just type the name and then click "search" when I have it all typed? The entire interface is very slow and unresponsive imo.

Also, is there any plan to have an option on the website on an addon page that I can click that says something like "install with minion"? Curse has this for WoW addons. I rarely looked for addons within curse client. I found it on the website and then clicked the button on the site and it opened curse client and installed. The minion interface is so slow that installing several addons with it is painful. Would be better if I could queue up some addons and then batch install from the website or something.

EDIT: I just also noticed that Minion is using 525,000 K of memory (private working set) when I'm on the find more tab and searching for an addon. That's more than any other process on my PC, including Firefox, which I always thought was a little bit of a memory hog. It's not a big deal considering how much memory most people have these days, but that seems a little excessive. I'm not a coder by any means, so who knows. It also shows "not responding" in task manager frequently while I'm using it. To me, this indicates that it's performing very poorly and the OS thinks it's hung quite frequently.

Last edited by BigMons : 11/13/14 at 01:48 AM. Reason: memory usage and not responding

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » "Find More" search box is nearly unresponsive