04/06/14, 12:58 AM   #1
Tetrikus
[BUG] Unable to change the AddOn path on Mac

(This Thread is related to Minion on Mac)

I installed Minion a few days ago and everything was working fine! But after the TESO-Patch from friday, the AddOns aren't working anymore. It looks like there where some changes in the user directory. Seems like for people playing on the EU-server the addon directory has changed from

/live/addons
to
/liveeu/addons

Unfortunately it is not possible to change the add-on path in Minion. Well it is possible to change it, but it does not use it as it looks.

Is there another solution in the meantime to change the path manually (over a configuration file or something like this?)
04/06/14, 10:36 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
So you are un-able to change the path under options? What is preventing you from changing it there?

You can also edit the path in the config file manually if you feel up to it. ~\.minion\minion.xml

You can also use the "Add Game" button. Browse to the liveeu addon folder path and add the game that way. Although you will want to add the new path before you remove the old one because there i a bug if you remove the old one and then add the new one.
04/06/14, 01:13 PM   #3
Tetrikus
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
What is preventing you from changing it there?
I can actually change it manually (by writing into the field), but the changes does not take effect and after a restart of the tool, the path is reset to the old one. When I choose the button change and browse the directory, I can find the path /live/ but not the path /liveeu/. So no chance to set the correct path there.

You can also edit the path in the config file manually if you feel up to it. ~\.minion\minion.xml
Thanks, that could help, but unfortunately, Minion doesn't work at all right now. It says for example, that the LootDrop add-on is installed, but no files in both of the directories /live/ nor /liveeu/. I even tried do uninstall and reinstall Minion, but no changes.

You can also use the "Add Game" button. Browse to the liveeu addon folder path and add the game that way. Although you will want to add the new path before you remove the old one because there i a bug if you remove the old one and then add the new one.
I'll love to try this as well, thanks for the tip.
04/06/14, 02:24 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Can you post your minion.xml here? It's located in the .minion folder.
04/07/14, 04:34 AM   #5
Tetrikus
Unfortunately not. After your post I checked the .xml and it looked kind of corrupted. After deleting it, Minion was working again. I also tested to change the addon directory directly in the XML and so far it works just fine.

Thanks for the support.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [BUG] Unable to change the AddOn path on Mac