11/11/16, 09:20 PM   #1
TaintedKurse
Minion Crashing After I Select Which Drives to Scan

The title pretty much sums it up. After starting minion, when I get to the select drives to scan screen the manager crashes and goes unresponsive. It also some times crashes while I select what games to look for but, primarily the crashes occur during the scan drive menu or seconds after starting the scan.

Running: Windows 10
I play and am trying to use the manager for ESO.

I have tried editing my preferences to run it in windows 8 compatibility mode and running as admin however it still crashes, and I have also tried reinstalling twice. Not sure really what else to to do at this point here are my logs.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (6.9 KB, 348 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (657 Bytes, 379 views)
11/14/16, 09:37 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Very strange, nothing really in your log says anything.

So does the client actually crash? Does the progress bar stop? Does the client go away? Is there a crash message?

I'm curious what happens if you tell Minion not to detect a game at all. Delete your minion.xml and restart Minion. When prompted to select the games to scan for uncheck both wow & eso. Does the client fully load asking you to add a game?
11/14/16, 01:07 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe you got any network drives connected to your pc that are not reachable and Minion fails to detect these?
11/14/16, 03:29 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Maybe you got any network drives connected to your pc that are not reachable and Minion fails to detect these?
True, As long as those network drives aren't selected when you first startup minion that shouldn't matter though. However maybe its having trouble even just getting the names of the available drives?
11/14/16, 10:23 PM   #5
TaintedKurse
Resolved

I tried running it selecting no games and no drives and it still crashed however, after deleting my minion.xml file and restarting my computer again it started working. To answer the earlier question I would get the windows "Minion.exe has stopped responding we are attempting to do jack ****" message and then proceed to crash after looking for a solution. I'm not sure why it couldn't identify my drives but, at least its fixed now.

Thanks for the assistance!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Crashing After I Select Which Drives to Scan