08/25/18, 03:27 AM   #1
mizrolist
A LibFilters bug?

I have a strange error since a couple of days, I thought I will ask for some help.

I have 3 characters, one of them (the oldest one) seems to not have any problem. However my 2 low level alts have this error if they aren't the first character to log in in a playing session:

Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1482: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1482: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:UpdateList'
<Locals> self = tbl, inventoryType = 2, inventory = tbl, list = ud </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1885: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:RefreshAllQuests'
<Locals> self = tbl </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:853: in function 'OnQuestsUpdated'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
<Locals> self = tbl, eventName = "FullQuestUpdate", registry = tbl, callbackInfoIndex = 1, callbackInfo = tbl, callback = EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:850, deleted = false </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:265: in function 'ZO_SharedInventoryManager:RefreshAllQuests'
<Locals> self = tbl </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:62: in function 'RefreshAll'
EsoUI/Libraries/Refresh/Refresh.lua:62: in function 'ZO_Refresh:UpdateRefreshGroups'
<Locals> self = tbl, refreshGroup = "quest_inventory", refreshData = tbl </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/SharedInventory.lua:146: in function 'OnFullQuestInventoryUpdated'
This error window can be closed wothout any serious problem. But as soon as I'm going to a stable master to do my daily mount training, I get this error:

Code:
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1482: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:UpdateList'
<Locals> self = tbl, inventoryType = 1, inventory = tbl, list = ud </Locals>
user:/AddOns/AwesomeGuildStore/lib/LibFilters-2.0/LibFilters-2.0.lua:131: in function 'SafeUpdateList'
<Locals> object = tbl, isMouseVisible = true </Locals>
user:/AddOns/AwesomeGuildStore/lib/LibFilters-2.0/LibFilters-2.0.lua:138: in function '(anonymous)'
user:/AddOns/AwesomeGuildStore/lib/LibFilters-2.0/LibFilters-2.0.lua:361: in function 'Update'
After this message pops, my cursor is gone completely. It's not only invisible, it's not moving at all and sticks to the middle fo the screen. I'm not a coder, can't write anything by myself, but I can read it a little; the lines mentioned in the second error message referring the cursor (taking and releasing it), so I assume that my cursor is hijacked somehow by LibFilters and it's not released again to be usable.

if I don't go to the stable master after the first error, but try to open my inventory, I got another error, but I couldn't find out what is the problem:

Code:
stack traceback:
<Locals> self = tbl, inventoryType = 1, inventory = tbl, list = ud </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1561: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:LayoutInventoryItems'
<Locals> self = tbl, inventoryType = 1 </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:1529: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:RefreshAllInventorySlots'
<Locals> self = tbl, inventoryType = 1, inventory = tbl, search = tbl </Locals>
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:827: in function 'OnPlayerActivated'
These errors are gone after logging out and back again - but only if that chaűracter is the first I'm logging in. If I switch between my low level toons, the second one got these errors again, and I have to relog. Does anybody have some idea what could cause that?
I thought about writing to Randactyl (author of LibFilters), but it seems he wasn't active here since June.
08/25/18, 05:50 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Which addons are you using on your first char and on your alt chars?
Check the following addons, as they use libFilters, and tell us the version of the addons you are using please:

AdvancedFilters
FCOItemSaver
FCOCraftFilter
AwesomeGuildStore
ItemSaver

Are your addons up2date? Is every needed library enabled on your altsso libFilters and the enabled addons can work properly?
Are you able to disable the error messages by disabling one/multiple of the addons above?

Does it happen directly as you login or do you need to do something before, like open the inventory or drag&drop any item someplace?

The best way to reproduce is write down a list with steps like:
1. login with char 1 having addons enabled: AdvancedFilters v1.5.0.5 (no others)
2. Open inventory
3. Logout
4. Login with another char having addon enabled: AdvancedFilters v1.5.0.5 (no others)
-> Error message appears directly now
08/25/18, 07:33 AM   #3
mizrolist
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Which addons are you using on your first char and on your alt chars?
Check the following addons, as they use libFilters, and tell us the version of the addons you are using please:

AdvancedFilters
FCOItemSaver
FCOCraftFilter
AwesomeGuildStore
ItemSaver

Are your addons up2date? Is every needed library enabled on your altsso libFilters and the enabled addons can work properly?
Are you able to disable the error messages by disabling one/multiple of the addons above?

Does it happen directly as you login or do you need to do something before, like open the inventory or drag&drop any item someplace?

The best way to reproduce is write down a list with steps like:
1. login with char 1 having addons enabled: AdvancedFilters v1.5.0.5 (no others)
2. Open inventory
3. Logout
4. Login with another char having addon enabled: AdvancedFilters v1.5.0.5 (no others)
-> Error message appears directly now
I'm using AdvancedFilters and AwesomeGuildStore with the library; every addon I use is the latest version (in this case AF 1.5.0.4 and AGS 0.43.1). I'm using the exact same addon configuration with all 3 characters, that's why I found it strange that my oldest character don't have this problem. If I get the error messages, I get the first one as soon as I'm through the loading screen, without even opening anything (and of course I have to load that character after I already was in-game with another one).

I will test later today that with only one addon the error still appears.
08/25/18, 12:41 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check Advanced Filters comments please! And get the beta version 1.5.0.5 from there. Pleae test with this verison instead 1.5.0.4, thanks.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » A LibFilters bug?